Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 09:52 PM

Default Re: party won\'t let me play with my girlfriend?

Play HU on UB or play money somewheres, if you want to compete with each other, not where you could possibly give the appearance of unethical play where others are playing at the same table.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you suggest Party distinguish honest folks such as yourselves from colluders who, from their point of view, would be doing the exact same thing as you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive me for seeming a bit naive here... but what same thing would these colluders be doing? Logging in from the same IP address MAYBE 5 times, then consequently logging in from different IP addresses every other time? If I'm not mistaken, you can look up the geographic area an IP address is coming from. Also, I thought that when collusion is suspected, Party can look at hand histories and decide whether those allegations are founded. Like we've said, since we've never discussed hands in progress and don't know what the other person until after, wouldn't our play that show that we've never colluded?
Old 08-11-2005, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's weird...party let me play with your girlfriend.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD!! And it isn't even close!
Old 08-11-2005, 11:58 PM

Old 08-12-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How do you suggest Party distinguish honest folks such as yourselves from colluders who, from their point of view, would be doing the exact same thing as you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive me for seeming a bit naive here... but what same thing would these colluders be doing? Logging in from the same IP address MAYBE 5 times, then consequently logging in from different IP addresses every other time? If I'm not mistaken, you can look up the geographic area an IP address is coming from. Also, I thought that when collusion is suspected, Party can look at hand histories and decide whether those allegations are founded. Like we've said, since we've never discussed hands in progress and don't know what the other person until after, wouldn't our play that show that we've never colluded?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure your play would show that, but there's no way they have the resources to investigate every suspicious situation when it is much easier to avoid the problem by not allowing you to play together.

In the end, the damage that would be caused by potential colluders is much greater than the inconvenience experienced by honest players wanting to play together.

Poker is already perceived by many as a game full of cheaters. If Party was found to be full of colluders, it would do massive damage to the site and would give people reason to believe that poker is indeed a dirty game.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I could do without your insinuations that we want to collude. I could understand it if we were strangers with 2 posts, but we've both been around here a while. If you look at our posts you'll see that we're legitimate students of the game, and not cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that if anyone reading this thread DID want to cheat and collude, any sensible answers would make it very easy for them.

Lori
Old 08-12-2005, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I could do without your insinuations that we want to collude. I could understand it if we were strangers with 2 posts, but we've both been around here a while. If you look at our posts you'll see that we're legitimate students of the game, and not cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure that CC was insinuating that you intend to collude, but his post is a good illustration of why Party cannot allow exceptions to this rule in this way.

If you could be allowed to play at the same table by explaining your good intentions (which I do not doubt are genuine), so could other less scrupulous players.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:02 AM

Get accounts at a smaller site where you can play together.

However, being what it is, your accounts may be frozen or confiscated, you never know.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:16 AM

All you have to do is open an account at any of the party skins and you can play together again. Just make sure you don't log into the new site from each other's computer. Problem solved. I win.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you use the same computer to log on to different accounts, those accounts can never sit at the same table.

[/ QUOTE ]

My brother & I used to play $5 SnG's together on party for fun & to stay in touch (he's in IL, I'm in CT).
One day he calls me & tells me he can't play in a big multi table tourney that he's entered into (he won the seat through a satelite). Anyhoo, I log into his account from my PC, and proceed to donk his stack and tourney hopes within an hour or so...

Since then, we can't sit at the same table. The same 'associated accounts' message....