Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Biggest Reasons Kerry Lost in 2004

A less well off John Edwards type would have been a better choice. In fact, one of Kerry's advisors, Tad Devine, an old acquaintance of mine from RI, would fit the bill almost perfectly; unfortunately, he's not a politician.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys think Kerry's choice of running mate had a factor in the election? Did Edwards help/hurt Kerry's candidacy? Could he have picked a different running mate which could have ended better for him?

I really have no idea, I'm just interested in what others would say?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive cited this factor in discussions like this we have had before. I think that there was no way Kerry was winning the South. He wouldve been better served I think by picking a Gephardt type to maybe swing some midwestern voters. I dont think it was a huge factor but it certainly didnt help him at all, esp. given that Kerry didnt even win Edward's home state.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:22 AM

Because he is a Senator.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:30 AM

Do you think this will hurt Hillary in 2008? I don't think so but I think your point is that being a long time Senator was a negative since people outside the beltway don't have a high regard for inside the beltway types.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:32 AM

We've discussed it before Edwards was a very poor choice for VP. Not the most significant factor in the Kerry loss but a factor nonetheless IMO.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think this will hurt Hillary in 2008? I don't think so but I think your point is that being a long time Senator was a negative since people outside the beltway don't have a high regard for inside the beltway types.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? As if Hillary would stand a chance if she weren't a Senator. She's going to get wiped out.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:35 AM

Default If Bush Never Intercedes in Iraq

do you think that Bush would have won by more votes (electoral, popular), less votes, or would it have been about the same irregardless making Iraq in effect a non issue?
Old 08-31-2005, 10:38 AM

Your twisting my words and you know it. My question is will Hillary's being a Senator hurt her chances in being elected? I don't think so. Whether or not she'll have a chance is another matter which is probably another topic for another thread.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is so elitist of you. If people don't see things your way, you assume these "normal" people are incapable of intelligent decision making.

Maybe we should just let the super-intelligent elite, like yourself, run the government.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's got nothing to do with elitistism and everything to do with laziness. But I for one do want the people who run the government to be of superior intelligence.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your twisting my words and you know it. My question is will Hillary's being a Senator hurt her chances in being elected? I don't think so. Whether or not she'll have a chance is another matter which is probably another topic for another thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't twisting your words - you just made it seem like you believed Hillary had a chance to begin with, which seems far fetched to me.