6 26 16.25%
5 12 7.50%
4 12 7.50%
2 3 1.88%
3 6 3.75%
1 8 5.00%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2005, 02:41 AM

Default Re: Do you rat out your 16 year old nephew if you think he\'s toking?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is exteremely risky and could very well end up being deadly. i don't know how old you are, but mary jane is a LOT different than it was when i was 16 (17 years ago).

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? The ignorance in this post is astounding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, like wow. My god. Deadly?

To the OP; probably let her know. Kid's dumb enough to have it up on the internet for everyone to see, he needs some guidance (maybe just you?). And this is coming from someone who is just like fluxrad. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is exteremely risky and could very well end up being deadly. i don't know how old you are, but mary jane is a LOT different than it was when i was 16 (17 years ago).

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it can only lead to this
Old 11-30-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it can only lead to this

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy Crap Craig, you were on fire in that thread. I think I need to come to OOT and read your posts more.

Maybe it's just coming from my perspective, but I don't know how anyone could have taken you seriously. It's funny that a few did and/or were confused.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on all the anti-marijuana propaganda I have read for the last 30 years, I can state unequivicolly that the marijuana on the streets now is 10,000 times as strong as it was in 1970. Also, it will make you oversexed, impotent, cause males to grow breasts (where are all the males with breasts? With all the folks that have been smoking pot all these years, we should see a few, don't you think?), make you agitated and violent, as well as passive and unmotivated.

Seriously, the idea that stronger pot is more dangerous is silly. It is simply impossible to ingest anything close to a lethal dose. Beyond a certain dosage, marijuana ceases to be pleasurable, and will give you a splitting headache. So, stronger pot means you smoke less, probably doing less damage to your lungs. Lung damage and lung cancer are probably the worst health consequences of smoking pot.

That said, I don't think it's all that good for a 16 year old to be smoking pot. However, it really depends on how much/ how often he is smoking and whether it is adversely affecting his school perfromance and attendance.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:32 AM

I cant believe more people dont know about vaporizers, but c'est la vie...

anyways, along the lines of the propaganda, did you know that anti-marijuana sentiment was started in the last century by a power-hungry government official with the Treasury?

It's ridiculous what people will believe, they first started out by saying that weed will make you kill people.

Weed is more potent than it used to be from the standpoint that there has been a monumental increase in the hobby/science of culturing particular strands for their highs.

However, as an above poster stated, when I take a hit off of a good strain, one hit, about a tenth or fifteenth of a gram is enough for 1-4 hours, depending on the strain.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on all the anti-marijuana propaganda I have read for the last 30 years, I can state unequivicolly that...

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped reading here - that is just a silly statement. I hope it turned into a sarcastic witicism.

*Edit* Oh good - it did! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

for the record, my own nephew's life(17 now) is an absolute wreck because of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be willing to bet he's a wreck for other reasons and the pot is just incidental.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:38 AM

you are a [censored] moron, moran.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:42 AM

Your loyalty is to your sister - at least mine would be to my sister - not my fing nephew. Do what you think she would want you to do.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:43 AM

Um, not to jump on my NORML pulpit, but weed never killed anyone, and its not a gateway drug. The same morons spout that that claim violent videogames make kids violent, and that marilyn manson is to blame for columbine.

Grow the [censored] up and raise your kids.