Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is the more legendary SNG player?
Gigabet 127 85.23%
Raptor 22 14.77%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2005, 04:23 AM

Default Re: No one respond to my posts please

I have a gun I take on trips. If my car breaks down in the middle of knowhere, and I have my daughter, I won't be defensless against some random freak. To deny their (freaks) existance is foolish.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:06 AM

Default Re: Brand Spankin\' New Glock 19

[ QUOTE ]
Before I consider writing a response to all you awesome people who are so badass with your guns, one of you answer this:

Name one situation that you think a gun will help you in and I'm curious about the area you live in.

[/ QUOTE ]

i really feel that a gun helps me out when i go shooting at the range.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:15 AM

I'm thinking of picking up a 17.

It appears that this is the smaller equivalent for concealed carry, so you made a good choice in my opinion.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:17 AM

I keep my Glock 29 in my car.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:35 AM

Good choice, I have the .40 cal compact one (27 I think). It's a nice ccw weapon.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:43 AM

Great gun. Just make sure you put good hollowpoint ammo in it. Full Metal Jacket 9mm is not a good man stopper, but a quality 9mm hollowpoint or expandable is. Also, put night sights on the gun if you don't already have them.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:49 AM

I've already got hollow points in it, and the night sights are on the way as soon as I have time to get the weapon to my local armorer.

I put serious thought into the .40, but for some reason, I preferred the 9mm, even though the weapons are identical. I'm sure I'll end up with a .40 eventually.

About the 17 - yeah, the 19 is just a more compact version of the 17. The 26 (I think) is an even smaller version than the 19... only a 2 finger grip unless you get the magazine extenders which basically function as a +2 and a pinky grip. It may be the .40 model... I dont quite recall and dont feel like googling it. Either way, the 26 looks just like the 29 posted above.

All in all, I'm quite satisfied with my choice. And I'm not even gonna address the anti-gun crazies out there [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Tony said it best.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:51 AM

Very good choice. The 19 is a solid gun, particularly if you plan to carry concealed at some point. The slightly shorter length compared to the 17 makes for easier concealment, and won't affect the accuracy significantly.

Personally I prefer .40 as others have mentioned, but I certainly would not feel underpowered carrying a 9mm. Look around for some quality hollow point ammunition, like Federal's Hydra-Shok or Remington's Golden Sabre. Also, make sure you practice enough with the defensive ammo, as it will shoot somewhat differently from cheap practice ammo.

All in all, good purchase! If you want more information go to the end-all Glock message board, Glocktalk

Swede
Old 11-14-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Great gun. Just make sure you put good hollowpoint ammo in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried several kinds and my 29 does not like hollow points. It jams. For that reason, I'm using wadcutters. Whatever round you decide on, make sure you put a lot of that exact round downrange with your gun to make sure they don't cause any problems for it. We wouldn't want you to find out the hard way that the expensive rounds you bought for self-defense and never fired jam at the wrong time. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't think there's any correlation to the amount of guns in the populous and the amount of deaths/murders?

[/ QUOTE ]

switzerland has a very very high gun/people ratio, but few murders. basically 'there are a bunch of savates in this country' to paraphrase clerks. there may be a correlation over time in the US but other factors are certainly at work. (actually, there is a correlation between legalized abortions via roe v. wade and the decrease in crime rate in the 90's.)

I would read freakonomics, there is a chapter in there dealing with causes of crime level and some of the underlying factors and how they measured the effects of each