Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Re: $11 - JJ, trying not to be such a LAG

[ QUOTE ]
Go look up leftyutah89 at Pokerprophesy (which I dont use, just went to look up my stats)

Keep in mind I play most of my tourneys on a different site. Wont tell you my % on that site, you wouldnt believe me anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

You should abandon this line. It's going to get you nowhere, fast.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:24 PM

I don't care, I said "LONG TERM". Anyone can do it over a tiny sample size, good luck when you come down from the heater.

It is impossible - there is no other way of putting this. If you don't want to believe me fine, keep believing you are the best SNG player in the world (because you would have to be, to even have 50% ITM, let alone over it)
Old 12-02-2005, 12:25 PM

He's not saying that you didn't finish ITM 50% of the time over your last n tournaments. He's saying that your expectation of finishing ITM over 50% of the time is incorrect, and he is right. You should brace yourself for when you go through a stretch on the other side of the bell curve, because eventually you will unless you stop right now.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Go look up leftyutah89 at Pokerprophesy (which I dont use, just went to look up my stats)

Keep in mind I play most of my tourneys on a different site. Wont tell you my % on that site, you wouldnt believe me anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

You kinda lose credibility when you quote pokerprophecy stats. My ITM is inflated by a good 5% on that site. And most of my games are at the lower levels. Anyone who claims to be at 50% ITM over a large amount of games is lying. PERIOD. Maybe you've done it over a couple hundred, which means that you are on a hot streak.

But if you claim to have a 50% ITM over the long haul, you will be ignored.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should abandon this line. It's going to get you nowhere, fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. Just here to learn. Wanted to see what kind of response Id get to how I'd handle this hand. A poster said 50% isnt sustainable, and I have probably logged less than 100 SNG's on party, so I dont know. Im sure gonna try like hell!
Old 12-02-2005, 12:32 PM

Fair enough.

Not too worried about my credibility at this point, to be honest. Im here to learn. I know I have alot to learn. Like I said, Im no expert.

I will be happy if I can finish ITM 45% of the time in my next 100 SNG's. Gonna try like hell..
Old 12-02-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Never post your prophecy stats, or suggest that people check them out, in my thread again.

Never hijack my thread again.

Come to think of it, the above two statements are pretty good guidelines for any thread on this site.

I appreciate your comments. Welcome to the site. Hopefully you continue to post your thoughts on a hand, and avoid useless drivel.

Oh and please don't respond to this post unless you've got something to say about the hand. I'll take a lack of a reply as an apology and understanding [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Never post your prophecy stats, or suggest that people check them out, in my thread again.

Never hijack my thread again.

Come to think of it, the above two statements are pretty good guidelines for any thread on this site.

I appreciate your comments. Welcome to the site. Hopefully you continue to post your thoughts on a hand, and avoid useless drivel.

Oh and please don't respond to this post unless you've got something to say about the hand. I'll take a lack of a reply as an apology and understanding [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I'm impressed. Do you want a job? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No we wouldn't. But we just guess when we make decisions most of the time anyways.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:36 PM

So, how'd this hand turn out?

I'd probably have pushed or raised here, but I'm thinking limping in with $100 may have given you an opportunity to fold and get the heck out of the way. I'd would call SB's allin in a heartbeat but with utg putting in a small bet and calling a large one I'd have to fold here. UTG knows he's going to a showdown has to have something, plus you get to see his cards. And I'd rather push later at hopefully a better time. This is a leak in my game I'm trying to fix were I'm thinking ok anthing decent allin and then action comes, just like this, I call and die without analyzing it. So no more lol.

Pete