Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 08:25 PM

Default RESULTS

Dude has 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I chuckle a little bit.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: LAGgin\' it up in the $109s

I really like your thinking on the hand, but couldn't put my finger on why I didn't like the line. I think the reason I don't like it is because I feel like he is calling the turn alot with just a draw if you don't have any reads on him (he basically did call with just a draw, so this is what I'm getting at). Most drawing hands are ahead of you just becaue they likely have a card higher than a 9 in it. I like the river given how the rest of the hand went, but I don't think you can fire two barrels on this board because of the many times you lose to a high card.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I really like your thinking on the hand, but couldn't put my finger on why I didn't like the line. I think the reason I don't like it is because I feel like he is calling the turn alot with just a draw if you don't have any reads on him (he basically did call with just a draw, so this is what I'm getting at). Most drawing hands are ahead of you just becaue they likely have a card higher than a 9 in it. I like the river given how the rest of the hand went, but I don't think you can fire two barrels on this board because of the many times you lose to a high card.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I don't hit my pair on the river, I plan on betting again, which should fold most of his missed draws.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
Dude has 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I chuckle a little bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the few feasible hands you could actually beat. There is no way that calling this river is profitable long run. Why is it that whenever someone makes a play like this and it works they feel the need to post it and show off their 'poker skills'
Old 09-13-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see that flop and my first instinct is to check/call and bluff any of the 3552529 scare cards on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a much better line, IMO.

Irieguy
Old 09-13-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Though I think your playing is pretty sweet[ie ballsy], I think it sucks.

This helped me out... it helped me start to fold some hands.

ME
"Too often I just do something [censored] stupid in early levels... I will call with overpair even though its painfully obvious I'm lost. "

I think that most players, myself included, have these moments.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The worst thing about these moments are the few seconds there where your mind does the great flip flops between:

1) Oh come on, but this guy is a tool! So is that overcaller! Yeah, that's it. They both have top pair! They're so dumb. I'm so smart.

and

2) Alright, this is the last one. If I'm behind this time, I'll have officially learned my lesson, and start giving the average player at this limit respect when I'm in this spot in the future.

[censored] brain, trying to play tricks on me.

citanul

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You forgot to mention calling, "knowing you're beat", and then getting shown Q high, at which point you think you're smart again. For awhile.
easybay
Old 09-13-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What a weirdo...puts no pressure on you on the flop with two cards to make his draw, then bluffs big on the river once he's missed.

EDIT...err, spoke too soon...not sure anymore that just calling on the flop isn't the stronger line for Villain. thoughts?
Old 09-13-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no way that calling this river is profitable long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I think his bet screamed bluff. I figure to be ahead over half the time here. Only have to be ahead over 33% to make it profitable. What do you put him on?

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it that whenever someone makes a play like this and it works they feel the need to post it and show off their 'poker skills'

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't know me at all.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What a weirdo...puts no pressure on you on the flop with two cards to make his draw, then bluffs big on the river once he's missed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you being sarcastic Ilya? I can't tell on the internet.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I see that flop and my first instinct is to check/call and bluff any of the 3552529 scare cards on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a much better line, IMO.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

How do the two of you bluff the turn? Lead out, check-raise? How big? Does it matter which scare card hits?