Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 03:42 AM

Default Re: poker too much luck?

[ QUOTE ]
There is a ton of luck involved in poker. In the televised events they do not even show all of the suckouts that it took for most of the players to even get to the Final Table. There is so many times when you have to put your money in with only a 50% chance of winning. It happens all of the time, especially in tournament play. It is not a game of pure skill no matter what anyone says it is still gambling. Poker involves so much luck. That is why there is no best player in the world. The reason why pro's make more final tables than the average joe is simple, they play in a lot more tournaments. It is a game of luck plain and simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao
Old 09-21-2005, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anybody ever think that there's too much luck in poker for poker to be regarded with importance. I mean, if you pay attention to the TV shows, the players wait until there's a big confrontation, then both go all in with good hands, then luck decides, and the winner feels like he earned it. more and more do i think poker is really very stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my favorite post of all time.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a ton of luck involved in poker. In the televised events they do not even show all of the suckouts that it took for most of the players to even get to the Final Table. There is so many times when you have to put your money in with only a 50% chance of winning. It happens all of the time, especially in tournament play. It is not a game of pure skill no matter what anyone says it is still gambling. Poker involves so much luck. That is why there is no best player in the world. The reason why pro's make more final tables than the average joe is simple, they play in a lot more tournaments. It is a game of luck plain and simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my second favorite post of all time.