Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Who likes Stephen A. Smith?

Stephen A. Smith is a jackass. But he likes it that way. For some reason (I blame Fox, but that's a whole other rant)the gods that give us sports talk, either on TV, radio or print have decided that everyone has to be angry. No one can ever say anything positive or ever give any quality analysis. This way everyone can hate them. I guess this makes good TV.

IMHO Stern was better before the divorce and it has nothing to do with losing Jackie. When he was a loser guy drooling over women, but couldn't have them because he was married, he was relatable. Now he is a loser guy drooling over women with a hot model girlfriend and he can really do any of these women. Not so relatable. Thus, not as funny.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:10 PM

Big Pussy from The Sopranos has a weekly show on Sirius.

Radio with profanity is 10x funnier than without.

"Is this mike on?"

"What the f*** are you talking about? Of COURSE the mike is on!"

"I can't hear a f***ing thing. I'm f***ing sick of this bulls**t. Every f***ing week, something gets f***ed up! And YOU gotta be an a**hole about it!"

"I'm an a**hole?"

I recently had to make a two-day drive. Thank heavens one of those days was a Wednesday, so I could catch "The Wiseguys Show" in its entirety.

I usually work all night, and sleep all day--but when Howard gets to Sirius, I'm taking the hardware out of my car, and bringing in the house. And setting the alarm clock.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He just likes to hear himself talk. I hate the little dance he's doing at the end of the promo.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha his dance is hilarious. i almost posted about it because it makes me want to gag everytime i see it.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When he was a loser guy drooling over women, but couldn't have them because he was married, he was relatable. Now he is a loser guy drooling over women with a hot model girlfriend and he can really do any of these women. Not so relatable. Thus, not as funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

In order to find something funny, you have to be able to relate to it? That's sad.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he really blows

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-19-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In order to find something funny, you have to be able to relate to it? That's sad.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't say that.

I said it was funny when he was a horny married guy, I myself am a horny married guy. This is funny and relatable.

A guy talking about what he would like to do to a women when he can and then doesn't do it is just pathetic. Not funny.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't say that.

I said it was funny when he was a horny married guy, I myself am a horny married guy. This is funny and relatable.

A guy talking about what he would like to do to a women when he can and then doesn't do it is just pathetic. Not funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a horny married guy, but I think he's funny. Huh...weird.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:05 PM

He's worse than an idiot. He's an idiot who is so consumed with himself that he's oblivious to the fact that he's an idiot.

The best was when the geniuses at ESPN had him doing in-studio for the NFL playoffs, and he screamed that San Diego (I think it was SD) should have gone for a FG on 3rd down because if they missed it they could try again on 4th down. Dude ... you're an NBA guy. You have no business doing football commentary. Particularly if you don't know the basic rules.

Idiot.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:16 PM

I still find Stern funny some of the time. He just isn't as much of a must listen for me. Used to be I would listen to Stern for four or five hours a day. He is most of the reason why I am in radio right now.

Now if I catch an hour it's a miracle. I think Artie is really funny. Maybe it is just the FCC like he says. The show could be really good on satellite and maybe if he feels more invigorated he will be better.

Right now when I listen I just don't have that goofy smile on my face I used to.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still find Stern funny some of the time. He just isn't as much of a must listen for me. Used to be I would listen to Stern for four or five hours a day. He is most of the reason why I am in radio right now.

Now if I catch an hour it's a miracle. I think Artie is really funny. Maybe it is just the FCC like he says. The show could be really good on satellite and maybe if he feels more invigorated he will be better.

Right now when I listen I just don't have that goofy smile on my face I used to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds reasonable -- I agree that Artie is a huge improvement to the show.