Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2004, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Do you ever wish you were innocent??

[ QUOTE ]
im as smart as you guys and i believe in ultimate meaning because i believe in God. sucks to be you. maybe someday...

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is why I think being religious means nothing. You say you "believe in god", yet tell someone that it "sucks to be you" in practically the same breath.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my answer: yes.

i feel this way about a lot of things in life. (you guys are gonna love this one) sometimes i wish i wasn't as intelligent as i am. ignorance can be bliss sometimes. sometimes i start thinking about the world, the universe, philosophising to myself, and i think myself into deep depression about how existence is meaningless. then i just picture some group of idiots out there drinking beers at a bar and living it up. they are just pleased to be alive, and i think that's what it's all about.

anyways yeah sometimes i wish i didn't know what i know, and sometimes i'm very glad that i know what i know.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty scary how close this comes to describing how I feel a lot of the time. Why do you think I chose the username 'Homer'?
Old 07-06-2004, 11:25 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

one of the reasons i thought i smoked pot back when i was doing it was because i liked to feel dumb "for a change", similar to those idiots in the bar you reference. it was just ego.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i feel this way about a lot of things in life. (you guys are gonna love this one) sometimes i wish i wasn't as intelligent as i am. ignorance can be bliss sometimes. sometimes i start thinking about the world, the universe, philosophising to myself, and i think myself into deep depression about how existence is meaningless. then i just picture some group of idiots out there drinking beers at a bar and living it up. they are just pleased to be alive, and i think that's what it's all about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 'cuz there are no unhappy stupid people...

I don't understand why so many are envious of people who are "stupid and happy" but not people who are "smart and happy".

It's like a tight passive moaning about how much better the loose aggressive has it (but the loose aggressive has so much more fun!) and never seems to realise the tight aggressive is taking them both to the cleaners...

Ah, well, the grass is always greener!
Old 07-07-2004, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 'cuz there are no unhappy stupid people...

I don't understand why so many are envious of people who are "stupid and happy" but not people who are "smart and happy".

It's like a tight passive moaning about how much better the loose aggressive has it (but the loose aggressive has so much more fun!) and never seems to realise the tight aggressive is taking them both to the cleaners...

Ah, well, the grass is always greener!

[/ QUOTE ]

Geesh, daryn is taking a lot of crap recently. I don't think it's warranted in this case.

-- Homer
Old 07-07-2004, 12:06 AM

Daryn, your post is a little to real for me... i sort of wish you never posted it. I think it's why I, and many people here, gamble. It serves as a conveinent diversion from thoughts such as these.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:27 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

ego.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:31 AM

What do you mean by this?
Old 07-07-2004, 12:34 AM

yeah i am taking a lot of heat recently for some reason. these things come in waves.

anyway, i didn't mean of course that all people who go out drinking and have a great time are stupid.. i guess by stupid i meant, they could either get past the deep thoughts i have and go out and enjoy themselves, or they weren't the type of people to ever start thinking those deep thoughts in the first place.

anyways, i'm kinda glad to hear that a couple of you guys out there know what i'm talking about, even though i thought i rambled a bit about my occasional thoughts.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:39 AM

i mean it's a joke that you guys think that you're so tortured and intelligent. odds are unfathomably high that you just think too much of yourself and take yourself too seriously.