Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Another advantage with calling...

If you run the math, calling in this spot will leave you with T6601, (T35600*(291) - T5300*(.709) = T6601.9, not sure if there was an extra 3k in there or not, depending on where villain and hero were with regards to the blind) while folding leaves you with T5300. Also, if you call the people at the game will think to themselves, "WTF is this guy calling the bet when he knows he is beat?" This, along with not pissing off the host by folding when he, incorrectly, thinks you had to call, will definatly get you invited back to this game, a game I would think you would love to be playing in on a very regular basis.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Was this unethnical?

you should have called anyway, knowing you were behind.

Spike an ace on the river and take the pot, leaving you a much better shot of finishing 2nd.

Then watch how unethical he thinks you are, "WHAT? You called KNOWING you were BEHIND!?" "YO are a tool. GAWD u jerk!"

Then laugh, and relieve yourself on the table saying "Here's to splashing the pot motherF**ker!"
Old 08-30-2005, 09:20 AM

Try this one:

I was playing 4/8 at the wynn. In one particular hand Im betting the whole way with nothing but ace high. I dont improve on the river, but I throw one more bet in. The player on my left raises, and the rest of the table folds. I only have ace high, but I know this opponent is aggressive and he could be trying to take a pot off of me. I sit and think for a while and he says: "I'll show you if you want!" I pause for a split second and say: "Okay. ::shrug::" He turns over his hand and I see a missed straight draw for 9 high. Then I say "raise," and throw 16 more chips in without disclosing my hand. The whole table erupts: "he cant do that!!" My opponent is a bit stunned while he tries to figure out what just happend. I suppose he meant that hed show me his hand if I was willing to fold mine, but he mis-worded it a little bit. He mucked before I showed him my Ace high. Remarkably he wasnt too upset with me over this move I made. He said he just felt a little stupid for opening his hand.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:22 AM

What an idiot. I can't believe your actualy asking us if you did wrong! He is complete bafoon. Why wouldn't you be invited back just because some jerk puts you all in doesn't mean you have to call.
Buffro
patexashold-em.com
Old 08-30-2005, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't his hand dead if he shows his hand before all betting is complete?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be wrong, but I believe that anytime you put your money in before turning them over your hand is live. Rick Nebiolo is a floorman. You can PM him.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't his hand dead if he shows his hand before all betting is complete?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be wrong, but I believe that anytime you put your money in before turning them over your hand is live. Rick Nebiolo is a floorman. You can PM him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, this must be the most asked and least understood question asked on 2+2. And the answer is so easy.

It depends on the home game rule, but if someone is using the Tournament Director's Association rules, which are common now, then the hand is not dead and can never been declared dead just for exposure. Penalty maybe, dead now.
Read here for more.

Regards,

T