Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Why do people call/re-raise preflop?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the only time I ever limp/reraise is when I have AA or KK on the button and its folded to me and the blinds are tight. I might call to lure one of them in if I can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha. You're one of those douchebags?

That's the worst time you can conceivably limp with aces/kings. Just raise, for [censored] sake.

I cant help but laugh when people who do this bitch and moan when i make some retarded ass two pair from the blinds with a sub-marginal hand to take down their slowplayed overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that too. I was in a full ring game last week: UTG limps, and everyone folds to me in the BB. I check with K9o. Flop comes down 993. I check, he checks. Turn comes a 9. I bet, and it's capped on the turn, and capped on the river. He mucks, and I had a hearty belly-laugh when I saw in the hand history that he had AA.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:25 AM

MMMMmmmmmm Beeeeeerrrrrr [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MrPowers
Old 11-29-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally never use this play, but a lot of people will LRR aces or kings in full ring when they are UTG or UTG+1 to trap. This only works at an aggressive table with lots of preflop raising

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also a good play at a tight-weak table where raising from UTG or UTG+1 will often leave you heads-up with a tiny pot. 3 or 4 callers builds a bigger pot than 1 player calling a raise, especially since some of them will keep putting money in on later rounds. Sure, with more players they'll beat you more often, but that's okay since you'll get much more money when you do win. The equity with AA is large enough that it's a +EV play at this kind of table.

If someone happens to raise after me, then I'll happily reraise. The suckers in between have already put their money into the pot. If they call the reraise, fine, more money and I'm still the favorite. If they fold to the reraise, fine, the pot's big now and I'm happy to have fewer competitors.