Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: So my mid-end game sucks

[ QUOTE ]
Curtains, especially at high levels where you play and people probably have some notes on you, does making this kind of play not encourage a push with any two from the BB? Maybe you're raising your premium hands the same way, but the OP is talking about pushing all strong hands but QQ-AA, meaning when he raises with 20+BB and the blinds have 12+BB, he's like 85% to fold to a push from the blinds, making that a hugely +EV play for the blinds. What's your thought on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play like robot, I might just open allin in this spot. 55 is not the type of hand where I want to convince KJs to come along for the ride. Meanwhile pushing is at least slightly +EV even if called by all better hands. I admit I'm not happy about it though... folding is probably not terrible either and I might choose that depending on how I felt (although honestly would never fold in this exact scenario).

Sometimes I play differently while actualy at the table than when reading a HH. It makes me sick to fold actually with 3000 chips and 55 on the cutoff! It's just unpleasant to make a normal raise because I know that I probably have to call a reraise, but it's really unpleasant to do so, and I may have encouraged someone to play back at me with a hand I don't want to gamble against.

(btw I probably would fold to a reraise, because once I lose this hand, I'm no longer in prime position to dominate the table when the blinds go up on the bubble.)

Anyway to sum it all up I've decided that I will push preflop, but I'm not very confident about it.