Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 05:27 AM

Default Re: Hi my name is Juggla and I\'m a Multi-Table Player

U guys who is 8 tabling+ , how do u manage to read all players on the tables? i have been trying 8 tabling a while, but i never got time to read my opponents so much. It is after all 72 players ++ to watch

So, you who 8 tabling, do u only go for nuts, and fold the rest? forget about reading people? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2005, 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
U guys who is 8 tabling+ , how do u manage to read all players on the tables? i have been trying 8 tabling a while, but i never got time to read my opponents so much. It is after all 72 players ++ to watch

So, you who 8 tabling, do u only go for nuts, and fold the rest? forget about reading people? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

NO
Old 08-11-2005, 07:45 AM

You have to rely on pokertracker and a heads up program like GT+. These things are great and give you lots of info.

Problem is, to play really great poker you need more that this IMO. Knowing his aggression and percentages is great, but to beat a really good player you're going to need much more subtle info, like how much and when he continuation bets, whether he calls too much or too little on any particular street, does he overvalue overpairs, tend to chase draws with poor odds, tend to change his betsize with holding strength, bluff in certain spots, etc etc etc.

Some of this info you can get from GT+, other info you can't. At some point you will have to beat players that are too good to beat using only GT+. This level is probably very high, I guess, probably NL400+?
Old 08-11-2005, 08:16 AM

Why didn't I think of that?