Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Bad heads up . . . need advice

for party SNGs i find in the 22s that once you're down to 3, if you have over 3/8's of the chips in play you can pretty much hammer the other 2 people into oblivion through judicious raising. the vast majority of opponents are far too weak and unwilling to call/play back with anything but premium hands.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll keep out of your forum then Irie. Perhaps I am wrong, but it feels like I am placing much more often than I am not.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is obvious from your posts that you haven't read much of what has been written here. On the internet, as well as in real life, it is usually considered impolite to just bump right in without doing any kind of homework first.

Thus, you deserve the heckle you get. Despite this, I will give you good, serious and honest advice:

Keep stats. You have no clue today how good your results are. If you don't know that, how will you know if any changes you make are an improvement or not? I'd recommend Poker Tracker.

Don't posts stats until you have a fair amount of tourneys under your belt. Elementary statistics or reading this forum will tell you why.

Posting interesting hands is always OK, even if you have played very little. There's no particular reason why you couldn't run into interesting hands in your very first SnG.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Other than the obvious, uneven initial stacks, would you like to expound on why that should be true?

[/ QUOTE ]

What will the blinds be like by the time you're HU in a Party SnG?
Old 10-30-2005, 10:18 AM

Point taken. ur right.

Doc