Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Sheik

[ QUOTE ]
I for one was surprised to find out the man was 35 years old. He looked like a college kid, and acted worse than one.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's 35? Ew.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It looked to me like Shawn was getting frusterated, because of some of the swings that his chip stack took. He's an incredibly good poker player, and he knows it. Unless provoked I doubt he'd normally act like he did....sadly for him (and everyone else), he had Matusow at his table to provoke him.

I don't hate Shawn nearly as much as it seems everyone else does. He obviously got out of hand, but I can't blame anyone for being emotionally stressed over the WSOP ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious if you (or anyone else) knows him or have played with him. Was this behaviour typical or out of character? If it walks like a jackass. Sounds like a Jackass...
Old 11-10-2005, 03:20 PM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet...check out what the Sheik does when Raymer gets knocked out. As there is an ovation for him and multiple players are standing up clapping, the Sheik is doing a 'jerking-off' hand gesture towards someone on the rail. ....classy
Old 11-10-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This guy was such a douche, i was actually rooting for matusow. (never thought i'd say that)

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

TW took too long and shouldn't have walked away like that but I don't recall TW doing/saying anything rude. But in my book; "I...I object...you can't do that lady" in an unfriendly tone isn't exactly 'polite'. But I don't think it was out-of-line either.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's unbelievably rude to take 15 minutes on an easy laydown. Remember, the blinds are rising and the short stacks need hands to play now. And it's tough to call a clock on her, because even though it's your right as a small stack, you don't want to interfere in a big hand between other players. So she put a ton of pressure on the short stacks not in the hand.

And it's absolutely against the rules to go to the rail and try to consult with your poker coach while in a hand. That's beyond rude. Now I realize Tiffany is inexperienced, and I don't think anything she did was intentional, she just didn't understand the rules well. But I think in this (one) case Sheik's restraint was pretty admirable.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:44 PM

Sheik was this years Arieh
Old 11-10-2005, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sheik was this years Arieh

[/ QUOTE ]

Arieh is a class act compared to this guy.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:10 PM

I sat next to this guy on Day 3 of the WSOP and he is a jerk. I didn't enjoy playing with him at all. Interesting fact though, during the bubble, a lot of players were bored to death (We played 8 hands in like an hour). The Sheik & Sam Farha decided to start cutting the deck for money. It ended with Farha giving the Sheik a $25k Bellagio chip. Sheik wouldn't shut up about it afterwards.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:13 PM

What does cutting the deck mean?
Old 11-10-2005, 07:17 PM

Default WHAT DID MATUSOW SAY TO SHIEK WHEN HE WAS ELIMINATED?

Anyone know what the Mouth said to Sheik when he was eliminated? I rewound and still couldn't make it out, but it sounded fairly civil.