Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2004, 03:32 AM

Default Re: GameTime+ 1.3 now available (heads-up display for PokerTracker)

I love the program. One suggestion for future versions though. Create an option to filter out stats based on the type of table you are playing. I play mostly 2/4 tables and an only interested in the stats I have on my opponents for 2/4 tables. Also different colors for individual stats would be cool. Otherwise, great program.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:09 AM

Some problems.

When I'm watching the table, it puts my Party name up under someone's name, with my stats, not theirs. The couple of times I tried this, on table 1 in a six-max game, my stats were put in seat 3. And on table 2, in a full ring game, I was put in seat 3 also. Again, I was watching, hadn't entered the game yet, nor were those seats even open.

Another thing -- my stats showed up unfiltered. I would like the stats to follow some filter or other, as I don't think six-max stats should be in full games, etc.

One more thing. When trying to add a table, I could not get any more than two tables to be seen by the program, so I could not add more than two.

Also, the selection process is extremely cumbersome, as you can't sort the tables in any way, as you can on Party itself. On a 1600x1200 screen, trying to scroll through that tiny "Add" box to find randomly organized tables is very time consuming and hard on the eyes. Considering how quickly Party tables can break up, it's important to be able to select a table without spending many minutes doing it. It would be nice if you could have tables auto-selected, as Playerview does.

I like the program, but it looks like it still needs plenty of work. I'll be interested to see what comes of it. This program and Playerview both do interesting things, but right now, neither one seems ready.

Additionally, I'm someone who 8-tables. Ideally, any program I use will be able to handle that.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:43 AM

Also, the selection process is extremely cumbersome, as you can't sort the tables in any way, as you can on Party itself.

Tables there are in the same order as in PokerTracker Game Time window's list - most recently imported table/session is top at list. There are no tables in list other than already imported to PT database and only several topmost tables are new while others are probably tables/sessions from yesterday - why sort them if they aren't even exist anymore?
Old 11-23-2004, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My screen looks like a christmas tree, but it makes perfect sense to me now...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
mine 2
Old 11-23-2004, 09:50 AM

I've been using this for a week now and I like it better than PlayerView. The text is displayed in a very easy to read format and the pop-up windows are excellent.

The only problem is that it occasionally slows my computer down so much that I lose connection and my hand gets folded occasionaly.

I like the new version. Keep working on it.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love the program. One suggestion for future versions though. Create an option to filter out stats based on the type of table you are playing. I play mostly 2/4 tables and an only interested in the stats I have on my opponents for 2/4 tables. Also different colors for individual stats would be cool. Otherwise, great program.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the ability to filter based on the current game level is definitely on the to-do list.

Thanks, glad you like the program!

-- Kevin
Old 11-23-2004, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some problems.

When I'm watching the table, it puts my Party name up under someone's name, with my stats, not theirs. The couple of times I tried this, on table 1 in a six-max game, my stats were put in seat 3. And on table 2, in a full ring game, I was put in seat 3 also. Again, I was watching, hadn't entered the game yet, nor were those seats even open.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing I can think of, is you must be selecting an old session from the list. If you want to puts stats on an observed table, you need to do it the same way you'd do it in the PT GameTime window. You need to select the screen name of someone already at the table. Then the table name should be at the top of the list.

[ QUOTE ]
Another thing -- my stats showed up unfiltered. I would like the stats to follow some filter or other, as I don't think six-max stats should be in full games, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ability to filter based on the current game level is on the to-do list.

[ QUOTE ]
One more thing. When trying to add a table, I could not get any more than two tables to be seen by the program, so I could not add more than two.

[/ QUOTE ]

You;re probably not waiting long enough. You need to wait until after PokerTracker has imported hands for that table. Depending on how often you import hand histories, it could be a minute or two on Party, to much longer if you import via email.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the selection process is extremely cumbersome, as you can't sort the tables in any way, as you can on Party itself. On a 1600x1200 screen, trying to scroll through that tiny "Add" box to find randomly organized tables is very time consuming and hard on the eyes. Considering how quickly Party tables can break up, it's important to be able to select a table without spending many minutes doing it. It would be nice if you could have tables auto-selected, as Playerview does.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the table isn't right near the top of the list, it's probably an old session, not the current one you're playing. See above.

[ QUOTE ]
I like the program, but it looks like it still needs plenty of work. I'll be interested to see what comes of it. This program and Playerview both do interesting things, but right now, neither one seems ready.

Additionally, I'm someone who 8-tables. Ideally, any program I use will be able to handle that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 4-table on a regular basis without problem, while using GameTime+. I see no reason why it wouldn't handle more.

Thanks!
-- Kevin
Old 11-23-2004, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been using this for a week now and I like it better than PlayerView. The text is displayed in a very easy to read format and the pop-up windows are excellent.

The only problem is that it occasionally slows my computer down so much that I lose connection and my hand gets folded occasionaly.

I like the new version. Keep working on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, glad you like it!

Others have reported that hiding your own stats speeds things up considerably. It doesn't speed things up as much on my computer, because I don't have as many hands of history as some of these people do. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-- Kevin
Old 11-23-2004, 11:35 AM

After importing, I saw the tables I was at rise to the top of the list. Now I'll just know not to try to dig out tables to add until I import them.

Thanks for the tip on observed games too...I'm sure it was putting in figures from an old session, like you said. Next time I want to watch, I'll select someone else's name at the table so my stats don't get in there.

I eight-tabled for a number of hours tonight, and the program worked fine. So that ability is already perfectly functional.

I did notice, like another guy did, that things seemed to slow down after about three hours. Buttons became harder to click because of the delay. I wound up getting timed out more and more. At somewhere around the five hour mark, it eventually became unworkable, to my tastes, as getting folded out of hands and timing out was costing me too much money. Perhaps with only 4 tables open, that point would come much later. Thanks for the tip on getting my own stats out of there, to try to help. I'll see how that works.

I do think the filtering of games might help solve that problem somewhat. The program having to deal with a 50 or 100k database(my biggest one is about 65k) is bound to be vastly slower than just dealing with a smaller, selected portion of it. Of course, having two instances of pokertracker running at once doesn't help either, and is courting disaster. The second database I was using simultaneously tonight has only about 16k hands in it.

I like the program a lot so far. I will just have to get used to closing it up, and closing my tables up, every so often. That is indeed a bit of a pain, I must admit, but so far I'm putting up with it okay. Even though things started slowing down significantly after a while, it hasn't crossed an annoyance point of no return yet. I'm definitely getting more than I'm losing out of it. Maybe being forced into taking breaks will be good for me sometimes anyway. I'm starting to remember I'm hungry now!

Anyway, good work so far.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:20 PM

kross, do you think it's possible to add bet and raise percents (of all player's actions) as player stats? I know about Total postfop aggression (and I am happy that I may use it) but AF doesn't allow to distinguish two kinds of players - those who raise too much(or raise too few) and those who bet too much(too few). Using separate bet and raise percent stat will do it extremely well. I think PT has this stat in database (it's present in player details page).