Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2004, 10:08 AM

Default Re: O\'Reilly on Potential RNC protestors

As a New Yorker, I take personal offense at the RNC.

If they CARED about OUR safety, or terrorism, or New York, they would not be milking 9-11 or bringing more violence and suffering to this city.

Every single thing the Reilly brings up, was utterly and completely predicatble, it was deemed LESS IMPORTANT than GWB's need to milk 9-11 and parade in front of the city in the US that hates him most.

If they did not want massiove violent protests, then they should have gone elsewhere, and THEY KNOW THAT, and the irony is he is tryiong to milk 9-11, and yet, he hurts the city more by coming here....they don't give a [censored] about the crunchy tree hugging liberals in New York.

The RNC coming to NYC is truly disgusting, and demonstrates a complete disregard for the people he pretending to be there for.

I will be posting pictures of the entire event for those interested.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:18 AM

interesting take, But I don't think I would go as far as you. Interesting though, and I agree mostly with you.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
O'Reilly is trying to exploit terrorism hysteria to make protest and civil disobedience against his side a federal offense. Most likely, he wants the government to label left-wing protestors "terrorists" or "enemy combatants" so that they can be thrown into some kind of offshore detention hole indefinitely for trivial offenses such as "distracting" the police

[/ QUOTE ] I agree with you here, the rest of what you said was typical left-wing mumbo jumbo.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't get it. Do you see any suggestion that the 30,000-man NYPD can't cope with another convention, or that the NYPD will legalize all manner of crime, including the crippling of their horses? Obviously, danger to the public isn't the issue he's trying to raise.

O'Reilly is trying to exploit terrorism hysteria to make protest and civil disobedience against his side a federal offense. Most likely, he wants the government to label left-wing protestors "terrorists" or "enemy combatants" so that they can be thrown into some kind of offshore detention hole indefinitely for trivial offenses such as "distracting" the police.

O'Reilly is just another fascist windbag traditionally associated with the Birchers, Minutemen and other right-wing loons. When I was a kid you'd see them in parks with white socks, 1920's haricuts and purple mimeographed flyers yelling you about how civil rights = communism. On the Murdoch channel, however, he gets the time and production values to make him a celebrity among a certain subculture of TV imbeciles.

[/ QUOTE ]

The X-Files music is playing in here again today...