Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Hasan Habib : Good 4 Poker

[ QUOTE ]
I actually think Hassan is a great player, it's a shame these "allegations" have come up. To finish 2nd and 3rd in back to back years in the biggest buy-in tournament we have, and against the best players in the world, that is a great accomplishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the circumstances, I think that you have to at least ask questions. It's probably impossible to be conclusive about collusion, but I think taking a good hard look at this situation can make it less likely that it happens again.

And yes, second and third in consecuative years is a big achievment.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so let me get this straight. It is 3 handed. People think Hasan was soft playing Le when he moved all in and Hasan folded KJ?

Ask yourself this. Why would Hasan rather have Le win and not have a shot to win it himself? Do you think he'd rather have a percentage of Le's first place, or (presumably) 100% of his own first place?

The only situation where this would even make sense is if Hasan gave up a piece of himself that was greater than the percentage Hasan had of Le. And if Hasan is backing other players, there's a lesser chance of him needing to be backed himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, that's not how it works.

A. Not knocking Lee out means Lee moves up in the money, assuring Habib more dough.
B. Habib and Lee had 50% of each other, so if they finished 1st and 2nd, they would each get the same amount of money, as they split winnings directly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't aware they had 50% of eachother.

"Q: Recently, you took third at the WPT World Championship at the Bellagio. You announced during the tournament that you had a percentage of Tuan Le’s action. Tuan went on to win it of course. Tell us what was going through your head when you were three-handed?

A: I would have given up any amount of money that I could have made that day for the title. The title meant that much to me. Not only would it be a lot more emotionally gratifying, the title would probably be more rewarding financially through endorsements also. I had decided to take no prisoners. "

It doesn't mention Le having a piece of Hasan in that part of the interview. If he does later on, I didn't read that far. But that alone seems like Hasan has a piece of Le and that's it.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:35 AM

Well genius, How about the KQ Hasan laid down against two short stacks ( Ivey & Hollink ) when he had 9 million in chips. The call was only 900k to put both all in. Hasan was getting better odds than the KJ against Tuan Le. I guess you guys would have nothing better than to cry soft play and talk about it for 2 months if Hasan had a peice of Ivey & Hollink, wouldn't you !! So Paul Phillips and all you other wannabees, it is IMPERATIVE to look at all hands before making accusations !!!! Hasan is a class act, give him the credit that's due to him !
Old 07-27-2005, 01:06 AM

I had the pleasure to play with Hasan for many years.. Although his style of play can raise some eyebrows and seems a bit un-orthodox and his personality can seem quite a bit eccentric , there are a few things about Hasan Habib that i know i can bet the farm on. For 1 I know 100% he will never do anything to tarnish the integrity of the game , he has a resume that alot of us poker players would sell our souls for ..... So when this issue came up i was really surprised anyone who knows Hasan will know that he would of gave up all the money for the 1st place finish. I mean can you imgaine if he would of finished 1st /???? How big he would be ???

SOOOOOOOO , after watching the episode on t.v and on tivo about 4 times ... Hasan Habib played a real strategical final table ... Hasan played a great final . I finaly figured out how Hasan does it , this guy really trust himself and plays instictive poker , If you can see he this wasn't the first time he layed down KJ suited at the final table .. earlier in the show Rob opened and without hesitation Hasan mucked the Kj suited oh wait.. that means he was colluding with Rob as well... furthermore .. when Rob and Phil ivey were short he had a really good price to call and bust the both of them .. oh wait he must of been colluding with the both of them too.. I am sure i can speak for 90 % of the poker players we would of called in all of those situations i guess what's why he's won millions and were here just in envy and jealousy..

Now on the matter with Tuan Le , it is really hard to raise speculation on collusions with the controversial hand prior to this Hasan checked raised Tuan with 4 high, Called Tuan's all in with 77's .. For true poker players out there you cannot possible script something like this.... I think it's time to put this to rest guys... Lets just give credit to where credit is due .. These allegations are far fetched of course we will probably never know the truth but i can for one say I have spoken to Hasan Habib and this guy is simply the nuts.He is the most down to earth poker player out there he is extremely charasmatic. He has a real mystique to him , He will shake your hand and take the time to talk to you no matter how busy he is. I am not saying this just to say it , So if the question is " Is Hasan Habib good for Poker? " no doubt!!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 05:08 PM

How did Paul Phillips get dragged into this?
Old 07-27-2005, 06:37 PM

He never did mention it. He never told me this. If that was the arrangement, then I was unaware of it. If the poster who claims that can back it up, then I'll believe it until Hasan tells me himself.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:30 PM

He wrote about this hand in his LiveJournal. I lost the link, though.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:29 PM

the Horse Lover is definately good for poker [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]