Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Joined a Limit sng, what do I do!?!?!

[ QUOTE ]
As I have a 81% lifetime ROI in limit SNGs, I feel qualified to say that I don't think they take much longer than NL. The rate of attrition of players is slower early, but it picks up pretty quickly as you see 7 people with less than 5 big bets apiece. I'd say an 800 chip limit tourney should take 5-10 minutes longer than an 800 chip NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the anecdote but I was looking for something more scientific. with 1000 chips on the party structure my avg duration is 29 mins over ~500 tourneys. I have no idea how this compares to NL format in the same structure, but on these boards I'm sure this can be answered very quickly. my 29 mins number is based on the SNG spreadsheet so someone with a decent 55+ sample size can answer this once and for all.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Joined a Limit sng, what do I do!?!?!

[ QUOTE ]
...eh, I'd rather just auto raise no matter what pre flop & post flop on all streets & give away all my chips... Winning is not an option

[/ QUOTE ]

did that at lvl4, except doubled up!

i had ak, he had aj. we kept on betting like we both had the nuts. we both missed the board and i won w/King kicker.

also, a raise in limit is basically a min raise to me. i called them all when i was bb since i basically wrote off this tourny. but i got some incredible flops.

i went on to win it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

love that PokerTracker stat of 354.55% ROI [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]