Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: How much better is masturbating than condom sex?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We had sex like must have been 1500 times across a 9 month period. I used a condom like 3 times. No pregnancy, either. Beat that !

[/ QUOTE ]

I, and other males, have this thing called "sperm", making this impossible for us to do [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that why you are still a virgin?
Old 06-28-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We had sex like must have been 1500 times across a 9 month period. I used a condom like 3 times. No pregnancy, either. Beat that !

[/ QUOTE ]

I, and other males, have this thing called "sperm", making this impossible for us to do [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your comment makes no sense
Old 06-28-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh dude. Get your girl to use birth control instead of you using a condom. Wearing a condom does not decrease the change of pregnancy if she is on birth control, as far as I know.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh dude. Get your girl to use birth control instead of you using a condom. Wearing a condom does not decrease the change of pregnancy if she is on birth control, as far as I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

(Sadly) It does.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:02 PM

[censored]. By a lot? She told me birth control is 99% effective. Condoms are what like 85% effective, maybe? So how does it really help? It makes it .6% less likely? That's like nothing dude. We do it like once or twice a day every day so that's like 70 times so far. That's why I've been spending less time on here.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored]. By a lot? She told me birth control is 99% effective. Condoms are what like 85% effective, maybe? So how does it really help? It makes it .6% less likely? That's like nothing dude. We do it like once or twice a day every day so that's like 70 times so far. That's why I've been spending less time on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure none of the information in this post is even near to being accurate.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure none of the information in this post is even near to being accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you correct it then?
Old 06-28-2005, 08:23 PM

I dont really know the effectiveness of BC or a condom off the top of my head (condom is more than 85% however).

But, since a condom and BC are independent forms of contraceptive, combining them certainly helps.

Lets assume that BC is 99% effective, and that condoms are 97% effective. On top of that, assume that the chance of pregnancy when things fail is 1/100. (I had NO CLUE what that number is, but I'll use it to illustrate).

P(Pregnancy|BC) = 1/100 * 1/100 = 1/10,000

p(Pregnancy|BC + Condom) = 1/100*/100*3/100 = 3/1,000,000

If you have sex with someone 400 times, the probability of getting her pregant with just BC is 3.92%

With BC and a condom, it is 0.12%.

That's quite the jump (but, as I said, I have no idea what the true numbers are here. Does any know or have a good guess??)

Im not willing to take the risk. But, fwiw, I've never gone bareback, so I dont completely know what Im missing.

EDIT: also, fwiw, when a codom fails, there is almost certainly a different likelihood of conception than through just regualar sex. So, the codom failure conception rates are probably hard to find.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:26 PM

Great post. I'll wrap it from now on. But I don't really think condoms are as high as 95% effective. I wish we had real percentages to look at. I tried google but no luck.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great post. I'll wrap it from now on. But I don't really think condoms are as high as 95% effective.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont conclude too much as I just guessed at the numbers. Wait until someone who knows the numbers posts.

But, whatever the numbers are, having sex with a condom will certainly decrease it, significantly.

(also, when I was researching this post I read that condoms are about 2% to break and 1% to fall off, which is where I got 97%. But, again, I dont know any of these with any certainty)