Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 08:07 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!
Default Re: It\'s too quiet in here....

You're going for the c/r right?
I would expect him to have raised the flop or the turn with the FD, so u have to assume u're still ahead.

If so, I don't like this line on this board. I think villain has a weak, SD worthy hand as he just called the flop and turn. I think he will always call a bet here, but won't bet some of these hands (9s, maybe weak queens) and prob won't pay off a c/r. Also, ur line looks like u're going to call his bet, so i think that he might only bet his stronger queens and aces, which i think he has less of the time. He won't bet 9s and i honestly don't think he will bet- bluff here as i don't know what hand he could have that isn't a pair and thinks u will fold a better no pair hand.

I think that he may bluff-raise this river more than he will bet bluff as the folding equity would be higher and ur check seems to be with the intention of calling. So I would bet and call a raise.

Edit- sorry, i took a lot of time to write this, when i first clicked there were two responses. Now a lot i had to say had already been said. I do think that u're hand is strong enough to c/r with.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:06 PM

I like it if you are check-raising the river and folding to a 3bet.

Edit: Check-raising is clearly better than betting. He will call your check-raise with any A or Q probably, and busted draws that try to bluff will pay 1 bet rather than 0.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: Check-raising is clearly better than betting. He will call your check-raise with any A or Q probably, and busted draws that try to bluff will pay 1 bet rather than 0.

[/ QUOTE ]

There aren't that many busted draws, and IMO you've been running v. v. hot if you've been getting a river c/r paid off with Qx by a TAG after you raised preflop, bet flop and turn on an AQ9x board, and checkraised the river when the flush draw arrived. Given how passively the TAG has played so far -- especially given krishan's insistence that he's a "good" TAG -- there's no way checkraising is "obviously" better than betting. I agree that Ax pays off but I don't think he has Ax here very often at all given how the hand played out.

Rob
Old 12-14-2005, 08:29 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

busted draws are likely to have semi-bluffed. if you call you will get paid by a pair. if you c/r, a pair might not bet and unless we're beat a c/r isn't getting paid off. c/r'ing seems pretty bad to me
Old 12-14-2005, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
unless we're beat a c/r isn't getting paid off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm wrong about this one. But I feel like the statement above isn't true--any A or Q will pay me off (usually) because they have no idea what's going on.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:41 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
unless we're beat a c/r isn't getting paid off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm wrong about this one. But I feel like the statement above isn't true--any A or Q will pay me off (usually) because they have no idea what's going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think its rare that someone flops top pair headsup and doesnt raise the flop or turn. i dont think a Q pays off very often at all
Old 12-14-2005, 10:07 AM

Yeah, and after reading all of Krishan's insistances that villain is a good TAG I think he will bet here but not call a c/r often, unless Krishan is wrong.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i think its rare that someone flops top pair headsup and doesnt raise the flop or turn. i dont think a Q pays off very often at all

[/ QUOTE ]

does he usually raise the flop or the turn here? which one would you raise if had a weak A? How about a FD? Assume you know you are playing krishan.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:54 PM

I agree with others, this river is going to get checked through alot when villain should be calling a bet because even TAGs don't fold a medium pair despite the board getting dangerous.

The c/r is sweet when it happens but i don't think he'll bet-call often enough. If you are bet-calling a Q or weak ace here I think that's a leak IMO.

Surf