Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Party 109 AK button/bubble hand

[ QUOTE ]
I hate situations like this. Haven't run any numbers, but I think I'm just pushing here. I mean, it's not out of the question that short stack gets lucky on the next hand, gets up to t600, then who knows? If the donkey big stack then wakes up and starts raping the bubble like he should, it becomes very uncomfortable for you while shorty might just call with any two and get back in it. Clearly, BB needs an absolute monster to call you (at least QQ). Hopefully big stack realizes your position and that you need a huge hand to push here. I don't know, as has been written already, as I'm writing this I don't know if this is correct, but I think I'd push. Then break my monitor when big stack calls and busts me with JTs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's hard (and I'd be sweating myself) but I still think that I push this. Another reason why is that, say short double or triples up. At the 11's, the guy to his left (who is not the chip leader) is too likely to play like a moron and fold later on when shorty open pushes from SB while getting something like 2.5:1 odds to call. Next thing you know, you're not even guaranteed third anyway. By playing for first here, you're increasing your chances to cash as well.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:05 PM

i didn't see that one. i'll try to look for it later when i get back from the ballgame.

citanul
Old 05-28-2005, 12:19 PM

i think any player at the 109s has the ability to push as SB with a very marginal hand and would increase the variance hero does not want to deal with, ipen pushing is better- blinds are very significant.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also posted 1 this week, but nobody responded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed it, but will look it up. Even though you got no replys, i'm sure some people are interested in these. It might just be a bit harder to give a reply to a whole SNG than one hand in particular. So feel free to keep posting them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't konw if I'm counted as any of the top players on this forum

[/ QUOTE ]

I only recently started posting hands, but find your replys to be some of the more helpfull. I'm curious why you play 109's.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious why you play 109's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play the 109s for a variety of reasons, but I play the 215s often as well.

1) the 215s are, at various points in the day, not a very good spot to be playing, as the shark/fish ratio stinks.

2) i love busting 2+2ers, and i know more of their screen names at the 109s. (this is mostly a joke.)

3) last (this?) week i was seeing how doable continuous 8 tabling on one monitor was, so i played the 50s for a day and then the 109s for the rest of the week. i don't know if i'll start 8 tabling the 215s on one screen.

but yeah, *normally* i play a mix of the 109s and the 215s, depending on the people i see sitting there/the mood i'm in.

citanul
Old 05-28-2005, 06:11 PM

Why would you 8 table the 109s/215s with only one monitor? I mean, its not like you couldn't afford a 2nd one....

Oh yeah, and I'de be very interested in seeing/discussing a good example of a PVS
Old 05-28-2005, 06:16 PM

there's a variety of reasons for not buying a 2nd monitor that i discussed in a pm with another poster, a few:

- i suffer instant buyers remorse for like anything semi frivolous over about 100 bucks

- i haven't seen a good sale on the 2001 fp lately

- my gf doesn't want the bedroom (where the computer is) to look like a spaceship (her words)

i'll try to get around to some pvs posting next week. particularly, i use the pvs in 50/100 and 100/200. (though apparently i'm going to have to stop doing it on my publicly known account.)

citanul
Old 05-28-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Would it make any difference in the original hand if you knew that the button player was playing fairly significantly out of their bankroll what you would suggest their play to be?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm interested in peoples opinions on this added element.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:32 PM

8 tabling on one monitor instead of 2 is completely insane to me. Like ridiculously -EV when compared to just buying a second monitor for $150, at least for me.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:34 PM

yeah, but my sense of aesthetic does not allow to have a 2001fp and some random crt. i don't doubt that i'm losing some money per table doing 8 on one monitor, but i do doubt that it's a ton. particularly at the 100s, instead of the 200s. in time, a 2nd monitor will come into existence. thank you all for the concern though, it was mostly just a week long experiment.

citanul