Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: The French media has barked up the wrong tree

[ QUOTE ]
what is the compelling evidence that armstrong used steroids?

[/ QUOTE ]

*positive test, ruled out by a medical exemption after the fact. According to allegations brought on by his personal masseuse doctors backdated a prescription for a legal cream containing the steroid, and organizers allowed it, even though the cream wasn't listed on Armstrong's mandatory medical form. The same person also alleges Armstrong asked her for makeup to cover bruises in his arms left by injections; Armstrong asked her to dispose of syringes, and that she personally delivered pills from the USPS team director to Armstrongs home in Nice in 1999.

*Connection to Italian "doping doctor" Michele Ferrari, a "friend and advisor" he had worked with since 1996.

*Abuse and threats of an Italian rider who is the key witness in the Ferrari case.

*Allegations brought on by Armstrong's former assistant, Mike Anderson.

*Former US TDF champion Greg Lemond had also gone on record with his doubts about Armstrong on occasion.

HBO Real Sports did a great segment on this topic a couple years ago.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. armstrongs an awesome guy, with a great story. bonds is a douchebag and an [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]
how do you know armstrong's an awesome guy and bonds is a douchebag and ahole? do you know them personally? i do know that armstrong ditched his wife, who had stuck with him thru cancer and whom he dedicated his autobiography to, in order to go out with a rock star: is that what makes him awesome?

[/ QUOTE ]
The reports that his wife stuck with him through cancer are misleading -- they met while he was in remission. But yes, he did leave her and their kids for a rock star. Does that make him a bad guy? Who knows? If you listen to the whispers around him (threats against people testifying against his dope doctor buddy, private threats to Greg Lemond after coming out and publicly questioning him), it starts to raise questions.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:17 PM

GOD. I REALLY WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO NOT SEEING GAY CYCLING ON SPORTSCENTER EVERYDAY. THANKS FRANCE AND LANCE, YOU HAVE MADE ME HATE CYCLING THAT MUCH MORE, AND I DIDNT THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE

FU-CK CYCLING.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:45 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

again, my point is that many ppl go out of their way to try to defend armstrong, they WANT to believe his performance is untainted. this is not the case with bonds. the existence of this double-standard is indisputable, the question is why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Becuase Bonds is black. Is that what you wanted to hear?