Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Shuffling Chips

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shuffle your chips only when you get dealt AA-JJ and AKs.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I already have a ritual for these cards. I stand up, stretch, and then return to my seat with a giant sh<font color="white"></font>it-eating grin.

I guess I could shuffle chips in addition to that... what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, you don't want to give off any tells, so if you shuffle your chips with any of the above mentioned holdings, your opponents won't know which hand you have. To shuffle just AA and KK would be plain silly. Do you see why?
Old 01-30-2005, 05:43 PM

sar·casm - Pronunciation Key (särkzm)
n.

In any event, I just crap my pants when I get AA. Usually by the time anyone can tell, the hand is over.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:44 PM

What are the causes of carpal tunnel syndrome?

Carpal tunnel syndrome is often the result of a combination of factors that increase pressure on the median nerve and tendons in the carpal tunnel, rather than a problem with the nerve itself. Most likely the disorder is due to a congenital predisposition - the carpal tunnel is simply smaller in some people than in others. Other contributing factors include trauma or injury to the wrist that cause swelling, such as sprain or fracture; overactivity of the pituitary gland; hypothyroidism; rheumatoid arthritis; mechanical problems in the wrist joint; work stress; repeated use of vibrating hand tools; fluid retention during pregnancy or menopause; or the development of a cyst or tumor in the canal. In some cases no cause can be identified.

There is little clinical data to prove whether repetitive and forceful movements of the hand and wrist during work or leisure activities can cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Repeated motions performed in the course of normal work or other daily activities can result in repetitive motion disorders such as bursitis and tendonitis. Writer's cramp - a condition in which a lack of fine motor skill coordination and ache and pressure in the fingers, wrist, or forearm is brought on by repetitive activity - is not a symptom of carpal tunnel syndrome.

Source NIH

I don't think shuffling chips is going to be a problem for you gaming mouse.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:47 PM

Really? I find that the smell travels fairly quickly, and the culprit usually has a guilty look on his face.

"sar·casm - Pronunciation Key (särkzm)
n."
more like särkazm
Old 01-30-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe I could just shuffle my chips on, like, special occasions??

[/ QUOTE ]

Just make sure you don't give your chips a hand job everytime your going to raise!!
Old 01-30-2005, 08:04 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't this fall under the category "don't tap the glass"? Why not instead wear an electric T-Shirt that spells out "Poker Professional" in little blinking lights?

[/ QUOTE ]

no. Just because one shuffles chips doesn't mean anything. It is no sign of skill level of the player.

However, it can intimidate new players a bit. So what? After an orbit or 2 they forget about it and are busy trying to do it themselves. So you then show them how. I've done this a few times. Then as they blow a rack or 2, they feel they've learned something 'cool' in the cardroom that they can show their friends.

b
Old 01-30-2005, 08:06 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't this fall under the category "don't tap the glass"? Why not instead wear an electric T-Shirt that spells out "Poker Professional" in little blinking lights?

[/ QUOTE ]

you gotta be kidding me with this. relax. take some xanax
Old 01-30-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, it can intimidate new players a bit. So what? After an orbit or 2 they forget about it and are busy trying to do it themselves. So you then show them how. I've done this a few times. Then as they blow a rack or 2, they feel they've learned something 'cool' in the cardroom that they can show their friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I love teaching scrubs how to shuffle chips.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
repeated use of vibrating hand tools

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a winner.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:47 PM

Too much content!