Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Who else would\'ve gone broke?

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno. I know pushing AA KK QQ is usually the correct play here but you raised 4x BB and he came back over the top with a 1/3 his stack and 10xBB bet (showing you serous strength and that he's not bluffing) which you called. You're effectively all in at this point anyway and not going to get him away from this hand since he has you covered and it's only t3338 for him to call. I think I would've folded and picke a better spot since you still have c. t9000 left, but I cant' fault the push.

So what happened?? He show AK?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the worst possible advice, don't listen to it.

1. There's no way I'm EVER folding leaving myself 11 BBs, EVER. Especially this late in a tourney. This is double up or die time, are you playing for first or to place ITM?

2. The table only being 6 handed makes it EVEN LESS likely than a normal that UTG has hero beat. This is another great reason to call.

3. OP said villian has been LAGy, another reason to push. Villian may just be trying to swing his stack around.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:56 PM

Dave D - it wasn't necessarily advice i was giving just what I might have done but I'm weak-tight so who knows. With his read the play was correct and I know that it's almost always correct to push with AA, KK and QQ. Given how many times I've been blown away with QQs lately maybe that's why I looked more at the situation and concluded I seriously would have considered folding, but I had forgotten about his read on this guy so I agree with the push.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:14 PM

Ha, that's ok. I'm glad to have cleared that up!
Old 09-09-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The only thing ahead of you is KK/AA. He may have limped w/ those hoping for a raise, but it's unlikely. This is so standard, it's almost as bad as a bad beat post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't complaining that I lost. I just was looking for some feedback on what others thought of the hand and how it was played. I haven't been playing for long but I've learned to keep my bad beats to myself. Somewhat. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 02:49 PM

Yeah I was trying to give you an idea of how on the scale of "standard' it was. It's so standard that posting this is the next worst thing to a bad beat post. You made the right play.