Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 08:43 AM

Default Re: 8-handed online 20/40: shaky protection

[ QUOTE ]
You pretty much can't lose with this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this overstates the strength of A8 as overcards with two cards to come [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2005, 08:56 AM

this thread just goes to show how much i need to learn. im a little too tired to do all the math right now, but when im in the mood ill certainly take my stab at it. continue to post these types of hands in the future please, cause after reading guyontilts replies, its clear i have trouble with these scenarios.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:56 PM

Perfect.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: several mistakes

it is a fold preflop, both for one bet in that position, and once it comes back to you raised and reraised. you are less then 6% to make a flush by the river and out of position. A8s is trash, not a hand to play early ever (unless the game is super loose and super passive). once it comes back to you, the odds on you winning are not even close to the the extra bets you would need to put in, just dump it and feel like your mistake was cheap. the flop bet is a big mistake. yes you have a gut shot and a backdoor, so you want the correct odds. others have shown power and will bet it, so you need to let them and see your odds, but letting someone reraise you cuts down your odds, and your reraise compunds the mistake. it is simple math post flop, and your numbers are way off. a gutshot is 11 to 1, 8 to 1 with implied odds, the back door makes it slightly better but not much. you need to see what it costs and if the odds are correct call, but make it cheap.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:30 PM

"it is a fold preflop"

We know what you think.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:35 PM

The results were just here, and now gone.

I think this is about to get interesting...
Old 01-15-2005, 03:47 PM

are you that unhappy that you need to make it personal?

would you play A8s in 2nd position? would you reraise out of position when an opponent probably had a big pair, and you are a long shot to make your hand? are you in the habit of putting in $ when your the dog? put the personal [censored] aside and address the question.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:56 PM

Well, I could have put that comment after any of your responses, they are all the same. It just happened to be this thread, but it could well have been the 99 in the BB thread. We know you want to fold. Got it.

Nothing personal at all, just an observation that I'm sure many here have made.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:01 PM

i am not sure who the "we" you origional mention are?

i think your responses tend to be angry to my posts. why? someone who shares a passion, deserves respect and kindness. even if you disagree. and the purpose of this form is to discuss poker. therefore, if you disagree instead of making some rude comment, present the reasons you think i am incorrect. be constructive.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:20 PM

Well amulet whilst I agree with the limp, I'm less keen on calling 2 more. An ace on the flop can easily win the hand for Hero if everyone limps in but if it gets raised and reraised you probably need the flush or other very fortunate cards.

As it is astro did a great job in isolating the opponent; whether it was successful I don't know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] it certainly was expensive.