Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: madden \'05

Might as well create a whole team with players that are 100 overall.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:22 PM

get a better Oline.

im all for the power rushers
Old 10-11-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Might as well create a whole team with players that are 100 overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good advice.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:36 AM

Yeh if you wanna win every game by 40 pts.

To the guy who said stick to the inside runs?? Rubbish, I get my best gains on the outside. Using the blocker thumbstick often gains you a bit, and sometimes makes that key block that lets you go for that big gain. Don't press boost when you get the ball, be patient and wait for your linemen to do their job. I always use the barge button when running on the inside.

Deep passes, constantly use motion, formation changes etc to try and create a mismatch. When passing deep you really need to use someone fast. I usually force my QB to overthrow it and the sprint my WR to it. Sometimes the CB can knock it away, and often the ball floats over my WRs head, but he catches up to it often enough for that gamebreaking play. Also try swapping your best WR into the slot and match up against a slow safety or linebacker.

Any good tips for your secondary?? Doubling their best WR with your corner bumping him (does this tire out the WR??)?? How often do you line up when man on man?? I've found doing it only every play is bad for the run, so I usually do it when it's say 2nd and 10, or 3rd and 6 etc.

My D sucks though (apart from blitzing).
Old 10-12-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bump for more ideas.

what about the deep passing game? is there a trick to catching more bombs?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need a fast receiver. Someone with a speed of 95, preferably 97 or higher. Also the cornerback has to be a couple notches slower than him, and your QB must have a good arm and be accurate. Then on any passing downs, if the safeties move up in the box, use a hot route and have your fast receiver run a go. He should burn the corner, and since the safeties have moved up there's no help over the top. This works for me 9/10 times.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:07 AM

Everyone trying to say you need a fast reciever is completely incorrect. I've found that for the most consistant deep game that is exactly the opposite of what you need. Now if you want to get 80 yard plays that obviously is the case but if you are looking to increase the number of 25-40 yard passing plays you definately don't need someone fast.

Here is what you do. Draft Todd Heap (or someone else who is 6'4"+ has good hands and is relatively slow. Idealy Shockey speed or slower. You line slow/tall/hands guy out wide. He runs a fly. It helps if you can get him 1 on 1 with the corner so you might want to have another reciever on that side to distract the SS. You let him run 20-30 yards downfield. You loft the pass. You take control of the reciever. Inevitably the corner will be deeper then your slowass and have "perfect coverage position..." this is what you want. When the ball gets close you simply jump up and catch it before the corner can do anything. Since he is deeper then you there is no way for him to interfere... You will usually get tackled right away but you are 30-40 or more yards downfield so who cares. Plus since you are a big fucker like Todd Heap you will often be able to break the tackle and take it a lot further. Being able to catch well is important because you get hit right away so there is a chance you will drop the ball again.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:25 AM

Here is the best advice for '05 (besides getting '06 which is like 999999999 times better)

1) defense starts at defensive ends. the better pash rush you create, the more guys you can drop back in coverage.

2) i bump and run on every down on d.

3) Oline is where offense starts and ends. You want a HB who is fast enough (speed of at least 90, shoot for like 92, 93) and make sure he has good carry. Then just visual the blocks that have to happen for a run. If you have a good Oline, just push to the outside and let your fullback pick up the MLB. If you are getting housed by their D - as in their DE wins the battle with your tackle, try dive plays, counters, and tosses. but from my experience, HB Slam and HB Off tackle are the best running plays in the game, hands down.

4) pass short at first. when i first started playing, the only play i ran was the HB Option in shotgun 4 wide (giants playbook). But then start to mix it up. if you play on pro or all pro the safety will come down on PA every single time. And remember - before you pass, stop moving. Unless you have D Nabb or someone as your QB.

just start at pro and move your way up.

Actually just don't play, ever. I play so much madden it hurts to be alive.