Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: My first 500 games as a pro

Just want to add that dont be suprised if your next 500 are way off.

My first 500 I had a 27% ROI, next 500 was a 5% ROI, 500 sets dont really mean much, but you get the point. 21% roi in the 200s is going to be hard to maintain. Also you 1st to 2nd ratio is really good right now, and thats where most of your profit is coming from, dont be suprised when it starts to even out.

GL on the 215s
Old 04-25-2005, 12:46 PM

40% ITM is the benchmark for a winning player.

Andre
Old 04-25-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Possibly, and I'm not flaming Fiery. I'm just calling out a concealed brag post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol! You guys are sure hard to please.

The guy just quit his job and has started playing poker full-time and wants a little feedback, positive and negative from this forum.

Sure he wants a little patting on the back and maybe to inspire a little envy...don't we all?

But he also wants to hear the people saying, 'this may not be sustainable' and 'lucky rush' and all of that. He's being smart about it.

It seems all the un-established people on this forum can do is get on their knee's and kiss the feet of you superb poker gods, or else they get berated.

Andre
Old 04-25-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems all the un-established people on this forum can do is get on their knee's and kiss the feet of you superb poker gods, or else they get berated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you think I'm un-established, or a poker god. I think I'm an un-established poker god.

And again, what I wrote is very very mild for beratement. I hope Fiery gets another 500 games like the last.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:07 PM

Andre? Is that really you? I loved you in that "Hey Ya!" video.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:33 PM

Fiery how long have you been playing sng's? Didnt you say in your other post you worked your way up from $200 playing the 11's to your 20k+ now in about 2 months?
Old 04-25-2005, 01:35 PM

ya thanks man

have you heard "All Day I Dream About Sex?" I consider it my greatest artistic accomplishment.

Andre
Old 04-25-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ya thanks man

have you heard "All Day I Dream About Sex?" I consider it my greatest artistic accomplishment.

Andre

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad it's not your song....and that you don't even rap/sing in it, [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].

Nice try Andre [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Who does enjoy that Killer Mike song featuring Big Boi and Sleepy Brown...
Old 04-25-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
great job man. that jcardshark is so hot right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you Jcardshark11 on Party?

If so, I watched you beat up a SNG last night. I think a couple of your all ins you got lucky, you'll have to expect strings of not hitting your kicker to beat a better hand that calls, which will lower your ROI.

Hopefully you won't anger the cashout police...

That said, I was in awe, watching the carnage.

Wierd thing is, I was going to post a question asking if anyone knew who Jcardshark11 was.

Good job! keep it up.

Regards

Gar
Old 04-25-2005, 01:57 PM

As for the 90 hours of play, that has been in the last 10 days since I have been keeping track, so I have been playing a lot. I kept up with some results before I came to ask about quitting so I could give some numbers. I think I had like 250 when I posted that first post.
I have been playing sngs for a while, not really seriously. I played the $215s about a year or so ago but I didnt really know what I was doing and ended up losing most of my bankroll and I started over in a party skin about 7 weeks ago now with $300 so I could 4 table the $11s. I also killed this guy heads up in 15/30, taking about 2K, cause he was talking trash to a guy I back. That was really the little bost that gave me the bankroll to do the $215's again.
My results are without rakeback as I have not gotten the money for the last month yet. I'm sure the extra 2K would only add like an extra 1% to ROI. I think that is kinda weird that you can be totally breakeven and still make pretty good money.
The reason I posted the results was not to get a pat on the back or anything. I was just wondering if my results are good and sustainable. I would hate to be halfway confident and then get my head kicked in in the next 500. It has been really weird how sometimes I will sit down with only like 3 hours to play and be ITM on 70% of the games I am playing in and then other times I lose every single one. It seems like sometimes party just wants to cooperate with you and sometimes they dont.
Thanks for all your posts so far. I hope to hear from others too.

Jcardshark on Party and Stars
Jcardshark1 on Empire
Jcardshark11 on Eurobet