Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2004, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Affiliates informing on Affiliates

I was chatting with an affilate who nonchalantly stated that from just his top five signups he made over 15 grand in the previous 12 months.

He also said there was no way he'd ever offer a rake rebate to any of them. He stated, why should he? Once they sign up it's for life anyways.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:00 AM

that is actually a pretty small earn compared to what most of the big affiliates make.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that is actually a pretty small earn compared to what most of the big affiliates make.

[/ QUOTE ]

What big affiliates? I can't imagine anyone thinking 15 grand from 5 players in a year isn't a whole heck of a lot of money for just providing them a banner to click on.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
for every affiliate they close down, it means 100% of the rake stays in house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. Many people join a site ONLY because they can get a rakeback deal there. And many players LEAVE a site because it's the other site where they can get a rakeback.

Losing rakeback does not at all mean the player keeps on using the site. No way. There are plenty of sites out there, and plenty of skins.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but the analysis for Affiliate B is flawed. If rakeback weren't available, I would still signup through a non-rakeback affiliate, such as 2+2. I'd rather give a fraction of my rake to 2+2 than to Party. So again, how does rakeback change that someone is going to be taking a piece of Party's rake?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you would doesnt mean everyone would, if party loses 1 person who wouldnt have signed up under an affiliate they lose money.

[ QUOTE ]

I think Party could lose a lot of players if they indeed do close all the rake rebating affiliates accounts. Once the big rake producers don't get their rake rebates from their affiliates, they will no doubt move somewhere else where they can get one.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not as huge a problem as it seems, first of all party is losing players who missed out on the rebate and there moving to other sites just because others are getting money back and they arnt.

Second for party to lose a few sharks isnt that bad even if that shark pays 5k/ month in rake. For every shark a site loses the games get easier when the games get easier bad players survive longer, when bad players survive longer the house gets more of there money.

[ QUOTE ]

Flaw 1:
A lot off signups would not signup with Party or skins if it weren’t for the Rake Back Deals. Instead they would stay with some other site that they might like better.. e.g. PokerStars, Paradise and so on. That means that Party gets a lot off action from Players that would not otherwise play on Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most rake back players were already playing on party and get a deal at empire
Some players were playing everywhere and open a new account
Others would play at party anyway because even with out the deal they still make more money there than any where else
That leaves your catagory, if the people in this catagory are so important why doesnt stars or paradise make it easier for affiliates to offer rake backs? To get some of there customers back? Why dont all the sites just promote rake sharing?

[ QUOTE ]

Flaw 2:
I'm an affiliate. I give rake back to people. My signups consist off: About 25% signups from this forum. 25% Signups from another Swedish forum. And 50% real life people. Friends and Family. And Friends Friends. Would they have signed up for Party or Empire if it weren’t for me? Maybe.. But not very likely. (Beacuse they hade never heard off party or empire.. lol)

So please tell me, Why would I be a bigger scum than the [censored] greedy affiliates that trick other people to click/ insert their code and not telling the signup how much money they makes? That is something I don't understand.

I don't understand why a thing that is good for the poker community, that brings more money back to the players and the poker community as a hole, is frowned upon by other players?

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming the swedish forum is a poker forum and the players you sign up already have accounts or would play there anyway your 50% scum and 50% legit otherwise only 25% scum and 75% legit. Im about 25% scum

The sharing isnt really the problem, if you bring in 5 players who never knew of online poker and out of the kindness of your heart offer them a rebate, youre helping online poker.

If you convert 5 party players to 5 empire players for a rebate you are hurting online poker.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:25 AM

If rake rebates ended, it would't be just at Party, it would be at Party and skins, not just Party, I think.

I also think Party and skins won't lose any top players. Party raises rake, the top players stay, they keep playing there. They end rakebacks. The top players will still keep playing. Why? That's where the fish are! I think Party knows what it's doing.
- Tony
Old 09-09-2004, 01:31 AM

many months ago, someone asked me for info on a rake rebate and then turned me in to party. they let me off with a warning, but it is definitely possible that one or more people are doing this again. whether or not they're affiliates, remains to be seen.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:21 AM

i still cant get over how much of a bitch move that is!
Old 09-09-2004, 08:17 AM

It won't cost me money untill Party starts raising the rake, which ain't gonna happen because the online poker market is very competitive and pretty homogenous.

you are delusional

1. party WILL raise the rake. they have, and will again

2. party is not in any competitive environment at all. they are the market.