Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Re: iPod or Alternative?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This page wrote up by base on specifications of iAUDIO M3 20GB.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Just put iAUDIO M3 to your pocket or bag. What you need is remote controller only.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Thru JetEffect, feel the reveals the delicate and details in the music with 20mW+20mW

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Makes you to arrange and play all the wish list from all other folders in iAUDIO M3.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Includes software JetAudio 6, no with this, you can enjoy perfect sound, any video files from this mall little player.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell company makes this thing, and why couldn't they hire an English-speaking person to translate their website?

Looks like a killer product, though.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't use any of the software, although I guess it's supposed to be pretty good - CNET I think ranks it very highly. The company is Korean and your comments kind of fall in line with my previous statements about how they need to work on their marketing something fierce. Their other players (flash) are also very good. One of them runs for frickin ever on I think one AA battery.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:26 PM

I'm sold. Looks like a solid product.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:25 AM

question about the iaudio m3:

"If you live in the US be sure to have a travel adapter ready so that you can plug in the power supply..."
( taken from user review here:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...801&depa=0 )

wtf does that mean?
Old 02-19-2005, 05:16 AM

WHERE DID YOU BUY THE 40gb iaudio m3?
Old 02-19-2005, 11:41 AM

I got my 40GB M3 from newegg.com last fall. When I looked yesterday, they only had 20GB ones though. I don't know who'll have the 40GB ones at a good price. As for that travel adapter business, I have no idea what the hell that's all about - maybe they're talking about bringing it to Europe where the AC current is different and you need an adapter for anything you'd plug in. I have no such thing and no such problems.

The company has their own store at jetaudio.com and I would imagine you'd be able to get any of their products there (direct link to the M3s. When I bought mine, the prices were a bit higher, though ($400 for the 40GB M3 instead of about $330 where I got it).

If people are excited for the iPod Photo type of player, I think iAudio's got a unit similar to the M3 but with a screen that's supposed to be higher resolution than the iPod Photo coming out some time this year too, but as far as I know, it's all rumors so far as to what exactly the specs are and when it'll come out. You can probably snoop around on their message boards at iaudio.com and check it out if you want.

They've got a pretty cool unit they call the TViX too - basically a digital media player for your tv. I don't think I'd put up cash for one, but it's cool nonetheless.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:18 PM

nice, I searched around but I couldn't find these prices. I'll sell off my creative and then get this one.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:41 PM

Thanks for the info Patrick, you got me real excited @ the prospect of buying this player.

Few questions for everyone:

1) how does the performance of iaudio compare to ipod or other mp3 players? (e.g. sound quality)
2) is it easy to navigate through songs on it? does it support playlists?
3) anyone have any headphone recommendations? I am looking for one that fits in the ear (the small kind) and has great noise reduction/sound quality (for an audiophile). My price range is up to $100 (but feel free to suggest more expensive ones also). Since it takes me an hour and half to commute everyday, comfort of the earpiece is also important.

many thanks
Old 02-18-2005, 02:38 PM

I'm a sucker. I'm going to get an ipod. Other products are easily twice as good. Ipods are limited to using itunes, and playing a narrow range of audio files. Other units let you record, play all sorts of files, and not wear out a battery prematurely. Apple had first-mover advantage, and it nailed the aesthetics & ease of use for the inexperienced consumer. Don't get an ipod because you think they're best. I've liked what I've seen of the iRiver, but that one Pat just linked looks pretty damn sweet.

B
Old 02-18-2005, 02:38 PM

i have the rio karma (20 gig). i love it. it plays more file types, including ogg and shn. it's also smaller than the ipod. the only problem is the scroll wheel, which will break if you drop the thing. but, the unit as a whole is very tough, and you don't NEED the scroll wheel to use it (it's just a convenience). definitely check it out...imo it's better than the ipod.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:04 PM

I friggin love love LOVE my 20 gig ipod my wife bought me for my b-day last year. Easy to use, durable, beautiful design...It is probably my favorite material possession.

Don't know much about the others, as I didn't comparison shop.