Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Result

i figured if i reraised on the flop i would lose UTG+3, which i only liked if he had the only 7. so i called.

on the turn i didn't want to lose a smaller set but had to bet. i bet $1100. probably a little too small. BB folded.

river was an offsuit 7. pucker up.

UTG+2 had AA.
UTG+3 had 86, so I won.

Matt
Old 05-06-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Ok here\'s part 2:

UTG+3 goes all-in for $251.
UTG+4 calls (!) UTG+4 is bad but not a dingleberry.
BB raises to $625.

I ?????

What's the benefit in reraising? You'll just push guys off their hands if they're worse than you (barring an underset), and get calls if you're beat.

There's an all in in front of BB, is he bluffing? Obviously it's likely he's not, but it's not all that likely you're beat. Possible, but not all that likely. I'd let him keep betting into you.

Turn is an offsuit king. BB checks. BB is capable of checking a straight there and could also well have a lesser set or a draw with a pair or remotely kings.

I think that's highly unlikely you're beat and he's checking into you. It's a massive pot and he's gonna give a cold-caller a freebie? I doubt it. I think you're best here and fire a shot off at him. If he moves in over me after I fire at it, I have no way of laying the hand down.

I'd bet about 1/2 the pot, maybe a little less. That's about 1/4 to 1/3 of your stack and looks okay enough that you might get played back at. I don't mind terribly if BB goes away here either, but I'd prefer a call and check behind on the river if a straight card comes off.

It just depends how much you're slinging. I sling a lot, so I'll re-raise BB here a lot. Actually, I'll bet the flop a lot. In fact, I think betting the flop is better.

I would ordinarily, but he'd be check reraising over a check raiser with one person already all in. To a tight BB, that would just scream HERO's on a massive hand. At that point the only way I think he'd get called by BB is if he's beat at the moment.

I'd rather have additional action from BB on the hand if I'm best, so I like calling on the flop better.

on the turn i didn't want to lose a smaller set but had to bet. i bet $1100. probably a little too small. BB folded.

Honestly I think you gave yourself the best chance to maximize your earnings from BB. He's not calling you if you go back over him on the flop, and like I said I don't think he calls if you go back over him with almost any two cards that don't have you beat.

I'll look at it from my standpoint if I were in the BB...
Solid player limps from EP PF, cold calls a raise. Flop is middle cards on a drawing board, I check, he checks, one guy goes all in, another calls, I raise a good amount. Now the EP solid player reraises me?

I'd have to have a massive hand to call it. He isn't likely bluffing cause there's two players behind him, one of which has represented strength, and there's already an all in so a bluff doesn't win him much if anything when he can get away from his hand for almost nothing. I'd put him on nothing but a straight or a set, which means the absolute minimum I could call with would be 88, and because of the straight possibilities I'd probably fold even that.

- C -