Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 12:43 AM

Default Re: looting and race....

Get over yourself. You made obvious references and implications, people know history. They also probably actually read about these events, and therefore know that economic conditions causes looting, not race.

I personally think the race most associated with looting, plundering, stealing, enslaving, and so on are WASP's or at least "White Europeans"... can anyone disagree? Does it have any significance? Does this mean white people are bad? Are you an idiot? No, No, No, and Yes.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Re: looting and race....query??

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] the last respondent made a personal attack on me; what do you think the chances are that a moderator will admonish him for blatant remarks such as calling someone an "idiot"..

of course the answer is no:

but what if a person of a particular race were somehow insulted: you know there would be swift censorship and admonishment;

but in this case where someone just blatantly called another poster a name "idiot" ; hey here it's ok...i just read where name-calling would not be tolerated, but here ,in this situation it's permitted and allowe..

kinda like looting by members of a particular race..

think about it

let freedom ring

gl

jmho

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2005, 01:06 AM

That wasn't a personal attack. I came to the logical conclusion that you are an idiot. An attack would be to call you a name or ridicule you for something you couldn't control or wasn't apparently true. (like looting by members of a particular race)
Old 09-01-2005, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the last respondent made a personal attack on me; what do you think the chances are that a moderator will admonish him for blatant remarks such as calling someone an "idiot"..

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the new forum rules should be "No use of adjectives, regardless of their accuracy."
Old 09-01-2005, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the last respondent made a personal attack on me; what do you think the chances are that a moderator will admonish him for blatant remarks such as calling someone an "idiot"..

[/ QUOTE ]
Considering MMMMMMM's past performance, if he reads it, he will admonish the poster. Apparently you haven't been around here much recently...

Edit: Guess I was right...
Old 09-01-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] the last respondent made a personal attack on me; what do you think the chances are that a moderator will admonish him for blatant remarks such as calling someone an "idiot"..

but what if a person of a particular race were somehow insulted: you know there would be swift censorship and admonishment;

but in this case where someone just blatantly called another poster a name "idiot" ; hey here it's ok...i just read where name-calling would not be tolerated, but here ,in this situation it's permitted and allowe..

kinda like looting by members of a particular race..

think about it

let freedom ring

gl

jmho

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna bet? Read this.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
, and therefore know that economic conditions causes looting, not race.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not economic conditions, culture. And it doesn't cause looting, it simply doesn't respect property.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:21 AM

We knew who you meant because you've made anti-Black racist posts on 2+2 before.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: looting and race.....

andy:

two points

1. i really do not think most posters participating in this discussion (i use that term loosely; lol) have any idea who scalf is or had even heard of scalf before this post: that is ; of course , unless the mighty scalf cleaned em out playing online poker..

2. for the record: i do not consider myself a racist; although i am not surprised that i would be labeled such; i would be interested in reviewing any posts that i have made which are undeniably racist; although i am (lol; sometimes not elegant in my presentations<now, this has been noticed by more than 1 poster in this thread> and may have unknowingly , without proofing, had a few posts which were due to incopleteness and time and intelligence (lol) restraints may appear discrinatory..

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Previous Racist Post

..LaKeisha at grocery checkout..
07/01/05 08:09 AM Edit Reply Quote

this young woman did an excellent job; very quick, yet accurate..even found a 25 cent off coupon on item that i did not see...

funny; usually i actively seek other checkout people, since members of her culture tend to do things slowly and w/o regard to accuracty or completeness.

my lucky day..

think about it..

gl