Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: not comfortable AJo...

[ QUOTE ]
PF: so you think its close enough that a difference of .25bbs makes the difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. And the fact that you will be out of position the entire hand. And the fact that your ace is likely dominated and you will be faced with tough decisions throughout.

[ QUOTE ]
but if im again raised on the turn i may still have outs. and would want to see the SD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would call a turn raise and river bet against a typical player in these games. A player might raise here with a hand you beat but has outs and/or wants to showdown. I think the benefits of betting (even if raised) outway the potential negatives of giving a free card.

Jeff
Old 11-01-2005, 03:16 PM

seems to me that you're ahead here often enough to bet the turn, and his flop action to me signifies a club draw. I think if this hand is showndown he shows you a hand like AxKc (worst case) and often times will show KcQx, or QcQx. I would probably bet the turn and fold to a raise, or try and check it down to the river....

Results???????
Old 11-01-2005, 05:01 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
I would strongly consider folding preflop from the SB. I would call from the BB. Ok, end preflop comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

I'd be wary if in the BB if the coldcallers were tight coldcallers.

b
Old 11-01-2005, 08:19 PM

Just throwing my two coppers in here.

Fold preflop. AJo out of position no good.

Check the turn. He 3-bet your flop c/r and will likely raise the turn if you bet it, which sucks for you. He is unlikely to check it through after 3-betting the flop.

I don't know what you should do on the river. Sorry. My instinct is to bet because that's what I always do with top pair when the turn checks through. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would strongly consider folding preflop from the SB. I would call from the BB. Ok, end preflop comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

I'd be wary if in the BB if the coldcallers were tight coldcallers.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

i was perfectly comfortable calling AJo in the sb at that point given what ive seen. if my judgement was off then thats fine and i'm more than willing to accept that. but at the time, and even now looking back, i think the call was fine.

Barron
Old 11-01-2005, 11:27 PM

Cap the flop and lead the turn no matter what it is. If he's 3-betting a made hand, your aggression may cause him to slowdown and not raise the turn. If he's 3-betting a PP+club, you charge him the max to draw.

The way you played it, definitely bet the river, as he has played his hand like KKc and he'll call with a lot more hands than he'll bet.

good luck.
eric
Old 11-02-2005, 12:14 AM

I think you played it fine, every street in this hand would have been standard for me. (that doesnt mean its a good thing though!)