Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: interesting turn card

so lets say you value bet this at say 400 chips - that leaves you with about 350. what next? whats the plan? if a fourth suited hits what do you do? i want to push him off any draw hand - if you value bet i think that pot commits you for the rest of your chips - no? unless the fourth suited card hits - then what? fold after putting 75% of your chips in -
Old 10-28-2005, 03:33 PM

Call and expect to see 88.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
think you gotta pay him off since you checked the turn. I would bet the turn here. Prob 320 or so. Enough that he might get frisky w/ KQ or black 77. Him folding isn't the worst thing in the world since a fourflush is troublesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do think are the odds he has a flush on the turn? i thought they were quite high at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

heads up i don't really give too much thought about a made flush on a three flush board until he does something to make me think he has it (in this case since you are so short, about the only way you can find out is for him to show you after all the chips get in....*still wanna be in the red zone, betgo?*)

i think that check call, go for the check raise line is fairly common line for the flush, but so is bet out the flush draw, check raise the flush draw, bet out when you hit the flush on the turn...etc. There are plenty of hands that he could have that aren't the flush on the turn.

Also, by the river, is he still betting 400 on the flush when the board paired twice? Seems like a competant player might ch-call there.

Your hand isn't totally defined since you could easily have an overpair < K.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call and expect to see 88.

[/ QUOTE ]

my plan was to call a T200 bet and get shown 88. instead, i freaked out at the big bet and folded. i was convinced he has a 4/2/flush there a very high %.

it looks like pretty much everyone agrees this is a call on the river, which i take as pretty good evidence i'm wrong. the positive i take from this is that for a while i felt the only time i disagreed with the good posters was when i was saying push/call and they were saying fold. at least i'm getting better at making both kinds of errors. (i realize this reads as sort of sarcastic, but i don't mean it to be).

villain showed 9h3h and went on to prove himself to be a very laggy fish. i got some redemption when i called his c/r a-i with A high against his K high.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, by the river, is he still betting 400 on the flush when the board paired twice?

[/ QUOTE ]

the board is double paired in name only. i'm probably not opening in EP with a 4 or 2 in my hand. i see the overbet often from hands that are mad they missed a bet on the turn and are trying to make up for it on the river.

[ QUOTE ]
i think that check call, go for the check raise line is fairly common line for the flush, but so is bet out the flush draw, check raise the flush draw, bet out when you hit the flush on the turn...etc. There are plenty of hands that he could have that aren't the flush on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point.