Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 02:11 AM

Default Re: Abortion = less crime?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When does life begin? answer this with evidence, not opinion. If you cannot, we may be killing up to 1.5 million humans a year. If they are not alive, then nothing bad has happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always felt like this question does not matter. Why is it you don't want me to kill you? Is it because you are alive now and would not want to have to be painfully killed? Or is it because you would not want to miss out on the opportunities of the rest of your life? I'd think the later because the pain of death is nothing compared to the joy of life. Bringing up a child is a great and benevolent act, but the choice not to do this is only marginaly different from the choice to have an abortion in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just answer the question. When does life begin. No sidestepping. If you cant give the evidence of a correct anwer, then tell me its possible we are killing up to 1.5 million humans a year legally.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Just answer the question. When does life begin. No sidestepping. If you cant give the evidence of a correct anwer, then tell me its possible we are killing up to 1.5 million humans a year legally.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many unwanted children have you adopted? I would have a lot more respect for the anti-abortion crowd if they offered to adopt all these unwanted children. Instead, all I see is a bunch of "get-me-on-TV" picketing and a lot of threats and fulfilled threats to kill doctors who perform abortions.

I find members of anti-abortion interest groups to be among the most hypocritical people on Earth.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many unwanted children have you adopted? I would have a lot more respect for the anti-abortion crowd if they offered to adopt all these unwanted children. Instead, all I see is a bunch of "get-me-on-TV" picketing and a lot of threats and fulfilled threats to kill doctors who perform abortions.

I find members of anti-abortion interest groups to be among the most hypocritical people on Earth.

[/ QUOTE ]

As an 18 year old, i cannot adopt children yet. If I do not have any of my own later in life, I see no problem with adoption, and I think more people should do so. As is, people REFUSE to answer my question. When does life begin? Link to evidence please!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

edit: i also find a lot of prolifers to be hyporcites in that they support the death penaly, which is without a doubt murder, so ill concede a bit on that point.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:26 AM

Default Don\'t shrimp from it

[ QUOTE ]
Certain segments of the USA population are more prown to crime.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you meant to write prawn.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:27 AM

Atheist liberals are smart enough not to drink the KoolAid of religious dogma. The less people who have their lives dictated by the teachings of Jesus or Santa or the Easter Bunny the better off we are.

The phenomenom of abortion is similar to that of birth rates...the poor tend to have more kids than the wealthy. And, unfortunately, it seems the religious probably have less abortions per capita than the atheists.

It's kind of like anti-natural selection. Or proof of Unintelligent Design.

[ QUOTE ]
My stance is that abortion is wrong on the premise that killing a human is wrong, but I find some comfort in the fact that the entire institution is and will remain atheist liberals killing off atheist liberals.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-30-2005, 05:32 AM

Your statement is very apt. It does depend on who's being aborted. Otherwise, why would so many people who think they believe abortion is murder be in favor of allowing it in the cases of rape or incest? To them it should be the same as passing a law allowing me to murder anyone whose father was a rapist or molester.

Of course most don't realize the contradiction because, like their religion, they have accepted the values dictated to them with an amazingly uncritical eye.

[ QUOTE ]

nh...

I was going to say something along the lines of "tell us what you really think".

But seriously, that position sounds a little contradictory - "I'm against abortion because it's the killing of a human" (okay, sounds good so far) /"except I don't mind abortion so much, depending on who's being aborted" (this part seems to contradict the former).

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-30-2005, 05:43 AM

Default freakonomics

the book basically just looks at stats to come up with different answers. it is not political in anyway. basically it also trys to get people to think rationally about problems. for example car accidents are way more of a problem than terrorism or stuff the media hypes. basically that is what alot of econ professors do. try to come up with explanations for things different than common perception.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:30 AM

They forgot to abort republicans. Wouldn't this be less crime as well?

Tom Delay, Carl Rove, The Enron People, Bill Frist, ect...
Old 09-30-2005, 10:34 AM

Does he include reliable statistics giving abortion rates pre Roe? I've heard it argued that Roe did very little to actually change abortion rates as that was the way the numbers were trending anyway and you didn't see a major shift in that trend following Roe.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:52 AM

"Bringing up a child is a great and benevolent act"

For most its a biological urge.