Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Online poker from scratch

[ QUOTE ]
They berate eachother, pretend to be great and other things that they are not, why? Hiding be hind that damn screen again, lie about how well they do, have bots play for them, etc. etc. step up to the plate, play the game the way it was intended, grow a set of balls! and btw, flame away sucker, just come have a seat at my table when your done.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, some people come to poker forums and do the same thing. Hmmmm.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:16 PM

Mr. Jones, I primarily play in Oklahoma but am available for appearences in Tunica and New Orleans, Las Vegas on occassion but I generally go there to see the shows with my wife and piss off chips at the craps table but still would be willing to play there, it's just that we go there for vacation and the Misses prefers I not spend our vacation time in the cardrooms.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh God, another idiot heard from. I said "a few". problem with illiteracy or what? Yeah, I want 9 morons chasing draws, essentially making it 9 against 1. You're brilliant! LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Um yeah...that's what I want.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:21 AM

unless you are very good, you should deposit money (assuming 50 is the max you are willing to invest) at a site that offers lower limits than party skins. I would goto pokerstars they have a lot of microlimit. Play something real cheap, like where you but in with 5 bucks or less. And when you begin to consistently turn a profit move to the next lever. wash. rinse. repeat.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck to you but seriously consider scraping internet poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
I scrape a little every day.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:02 PM

I agree with pokerstars. The interface leaves something to be desired but I think its the best place for somebody that wants to improve their game. You don't need to buy any extra software because it keeps stats for you automatically.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:07 PM

I would second (or third, or whatever) the PokerStars recommendation for the following reasons.

1) They have tiny limits. I believe they go as low as 2 cent/4 cent

2) They have very low cost tournaments. They have one, two, and three dollar multi table tournaments with no vig and they have one dollar five table SnGs that play only slightly tighter than play money games.

3) You won't be giving up any future rakeback because Stars doesn't do that.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with pokerstars. The interface leaves something to be desired

[/ QUOTE ]
Was does it leave to be desired? I think Stars has the best interface of any site I've played on.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
here is the absolute best advice you will recieve, save your money, don't play online and get to the nearest cardroom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Thank you!

Playing online is not my favorite way to play poker. I have done what you've done several times online, deposit 50 bucks. Last time I did it, I took $10 to a .25/.50NL game and in 20 minutes had $100 total. The next day I easily made it up to $200, only to catch some nasty beats and generally went back to my original $50 in 3 days. Since I make a killing in live games, I've decided to just stick with what works.

If you are interested in playing online, a great program is doylesroom.com - they offer many different games (all the way down to .02/.04), there are less people, and the people that are there aren't dumbasses.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Internet players are the scourge of the earth and need to get there fat asses outta the recliner and join in a real game. I'd kill myself if I had to play .10/.25 then caught myself bragging about how good I am. You guys are a freaking joke. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, at least you didn't play .10/.25 online before you made several posts in this thread bragging about how good you are.

You've obviously got poker figured out. Why are you here?