Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Super Magoo jamboree report!

Oh forgot our $1 bet for the who would win the button to start off the fesitivies. Good idea whoevers it was.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I forgot to mention one game I think I invented...although one 2+2er said it was similar to a home game he called "Screw Your Neighbor:"

You play Hold'em exactly the same except for one thing: after the first round of betting pre-flop, you MUST give one of your hole cards to the player on your left. The hand continues from there! I see this as becoming the next big poker rage! Ed Miller can write about strategy! Sklanksky can write about the math behind it! Woo hoo!

[/ QUOTE ]

Las Vegas Pass'em
Old 06-20-2005, 12:33 PM

MGM was awesome.

I was down about a rack and a half when justin A introduced himself to me. He sat down and helped me play a hand of pineapple. Now im only down less than a rack and justin buys in on his own. Later im back up to my buy in and sticky wicket complains about how i wasnt winning until justin sat down. Not to worry, it didnt last long. Justin bad beats me in razz when my hand goes A54 2 2 2 K i think we went 5 bets on 4th street when someone mentioned that justin should go all in, i agreed, but justin didnt. He waited until i paired to get all his money in. Later in crazy fox(or pineapple, or dbl flop) i pick up a monster draw (gutshot + flush draw) action was heavy and the flush draw gets there. I c/r goofball on the river and he 3bets, woohoo. Im up against the nuts.

Things i learned:
Capping(6bets) preflop before the cards are dealt = awesome.
TT is the guy in his avatar (i think)
Dynasty is older than i thought
Ed Miller is younger than i thought
Dude was younger than i thought
Nate tha Great was younger than i thought
Evan was taller than i expected
Any 7stud variation sucks (because i suck at them)
Pineapple is the best (though i already knew this)
Crazy fox and double flop holdem should be spread in every cardroom
Al Capone Jr. rocks for setting the whole thing up
Old 06-20-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Super-Genius!

[ QUOTE ]
I talked to Garry Boyd who was the floorman in charge of allowing us to set this thing up and accomodating us and he said there have been zero complaints by staff or customers and that we're welcome back ANYTIME! Also, that we were a great group and very generous with the staff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Freakin' AWESOME. Thanks to all for the collection we took for the floorguys, I know they appreciated it. Thanks to all for the ridiculous amounts of tips the dealers made, I know they appreciate it! Thanks to all for showing up and making 2+2 look really good in the eyes of the vegas poker world!

The dealers did a wonderful job, especially with some of the weird games we wanted to play. There were a few games played that probably don't even EXIST except in the imagination of the imaginer, but the dealers still managed to handle them all without a hitch!

I'll be happy to set these things up again in the future, btw. For the amount of fun I had, it was well worth the effort.

For that matter I do want to have the "Super-Genius Invitational: Live in Las Vegas" sometime in the not too distant future! It will be mixed games of course, magooey and 2+2ey! I should note that if you were at the super-magoo jambouree at the MGM you are automatically invited!

al
Old 06-20-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
big Al Capone for letting a girl play

[/ QUOTE ]

Girls always get PREFERENTIAL treatment actually! There were just precious few, i.e. mostly YOU who actually were magoo enough to want a SEAT at the games!

al
Old 06-20-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MGM was awesome.

I was down about a rack and a half when justin A introduced himself to me. He sat down and helped me play a hand of pineapple. Now im only down less than a rack and justin buys in on his own. Later im back up to my buy in and sticky wicket complains about how i wasnt winning until justin sat down. Not to worry, it didnt last long. Justin bad beats me in razz when my hand goes A54 2 2 2 K i think we went 5 bets on 4th street when someone mentioned that justin should go all in, i agreed, but justin didnt. He waited until i paired to get all his money in. Later in crazy fox(or pineapple, or dbl flop) i pick up a monster draw (gutshot + flush draw) action was heavy and the flush draw gets there. I c/r goofball on the river and he 3bets, woohoo. Im up against the nuts.

Things i learned:
Capping(6bets) preflop before the cards are dealt = awesome.
TT is the guy in his avatar (i think)
Dynasty is older than i thought
Ed Miller is younger than i thought
Dude was younger than i thought
Nate tha Great was younger than i thought
Evan was taller than i expected
Any 7stud variation sucks (because i suck at them)
Pineapple is the best (though i already knew this)
Crazy fox and double flop holdem should be spread in every cardroom
Al Capone Jr. rocks for setting the whole thing up

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, it was double flop holdem, I had AT of hearts and one board made a flush and the other was like TT559 or something.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:15 PM

Quick additions before I write a real report from the MGM game only:

-I can't remember who was in the 4 seat either for some reason.
-Poor Nolanfan never winning a hand for like an hour and then getting sweated by Joe Tall during a stud game and winning like 4 in a row. Joe Tall is to be feared at stud.
-Evan and I stacking the biggest pot I've ever seen (until the following morning playing 4/8 with GoT et. al.) when we counterfeit Nolanfan's low and end up chopping instead of getting quartered.
-Jager is goooood. Tequila is dangerous.
-The Dude stumbling by, checking out someone's hand, and announcing to the dealer "10 bucks a deuce on the flop!" Flop comes 292, The Dude throws a 20 dollar bill at the surprised and confused dealer and stumbles away laughing.

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-20-2005, 06:30 PM

Some guy who said he was an NL player kept slowrolling the nuts on us. He should come into this thread and give a report about slowrolling 2+2ers.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some guy who said he was an NL player kept slowrolling the nuts on us. He should come into this thread and give a report about slowrolling 2+2ers.

[/ QUOTE ]

mlg and I were in vegas magooing the 2-4 game at sahara and I got verbally slowrolled so bad I could only congradulate the guy....

I flop 2 pair, and I bet the river, he raises, i call, I show my two pair, he taps the table with his cards, says nice hand, and eventually shows his one card wheel. fun times.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I took down a monster pot with 8 2 in a seven way pot that was capped pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

my ass still kinda hurts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I ended up +54BB

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, nit...you only played about five hands all night [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

it was nice meeting you though...