Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Song Choices for a 10 year old Boy....... Need Suggestions

My nephew turned 10 today. One of the presents he got was a CD, "American Idiot," by Green Day. Because of explicit lyrics, he's not allowed to listen to at least a few songs from the CD, so it's my job to burn a new CD with all of the "OK" songs on it for him.

While I'm at it, he asked me to put more stuff on the CD, from my MP3 collection, if I could. I'm more than happy to do so, but I don't know what to put on there. He's a 10 year old kid, and I don't want to put a bunch of stuff he's not ready for, and sour him on it. I need your help.....

His favorite songs are "All Star" by Smash Mouth, "Blvd. of Broken Dreams," and "Wake me Up When September Ends" from the Green Day CD.

My music collection is lop-sided. It's mostly old stuff, Beatles, Beach Boys, Dylan, Rolling Stones, Johnny Cash, etc. I don't have a lot of cheesy pop music, but I have some random things from the heydey of Napster over five years ago.

One song I'm definitely going to add is "Time of Your Life," another poppy Green Day ballad. I was thinking of some simple stuff from the Beach Boys and the Beatles to round it out, things like;

Wouldn't it be Nice
Sloop John B
When I'm Sixty-Four
Yellow Submarine

I can't exactly put "The Ballad of John and Yoko" on there, I'm kinda stuck on what to throw on there that's high quality music. I'm not opposed to buying a few songs from Itunes, or in seeking stuff out that's outside my library, if I agree with the suggestion. My wife suggested "Barenaked Ladies" songs like "If I had a Million Dollars" and I think that's perfect. Any help is much appreciated.

He's a fairly normal 10 year old boy, likes video games, Harry Potter. He's not completely trendy, he "could" like something that his friends don't like / know about, but it can't be too far out there.

And you're off........