Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2004, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Kerry: I\'m not going to be questioned....by those who refused to serve

Harding (1920, thanks to the ladies) and Kennedy are the only sitting senators to be elected president.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Kerry: I\'m not going to be questioned....by those who refused to serve

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it kind of silly to say "he's unfit to lead" about someone who has just spent the last four years leading?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that what he was doing? I thought it was more like embaraassing himself and his country, and generally breaking everything that he touches.

Bad leadership doesn't make you fit to lead.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:38 AM

Midnight rallies are not a good idea. Big mistake.

We will all suffer for years if John Kerry screws this election up. Getting Bush out is too important.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:09 PM

I agree 100%. Kerry should fire his campaign chairman.

And hire me.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:57 PM

I agree....wait.....no I dont as I can already taste that $100.

His little stint last night smelled of desperation. Also, WTF was with the "all hat no cattle" line"? I bet about 20% of the people got that.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:33 PM

That midnight rally was pathetic. My favorite line was when he said, "Now we know what RNC stands for. Really Not Compassionate."

Did he actually think that was a good zinger?
Old 09-03-2004, 06:33 PM

I don't know what that line means. I'm guessing it's not a Massachusetts expression.

Kerry needs ads on TV right now. Attack ads that make Bush look bad. A tape of Bush explaining why nation-building doesn't work, followed by some ugly statistics from Iraq. A tape of Powell talking about the "mobile weapons labs" followed by proof that they were nothing of the sort. A quote from the government report saying that disbanding the Iraqi army would be a terrible mistake, followed by information about how we disbanded the army at once. A chart showing the job creation during the Clinton term vs. the Bush term; and the poverty rate. A tape of Bush answering Lauer that we can't win the war against terrorism, followed by Cheney saying he didn't mean to imply that we can't win the war against terrorism.

SOMETHING! Hell, go after him on the Texas Rangers boondoggled. ANYTHING! Otherwise, he's got all hat, no cattle.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Kerry: I\'m not going to be questioned....by those who refused to s

"SOMETHING! Hell, go after him on the Texas Rangers boondoggled. ANYTHING! Otherwise, he's got all hat, no cattle. "

LOL. It means that you buy a big cattleman hat and you walk around like a cattleman. But in reality you dont really own any cattle. You're just show.