Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: My Smoking Plan: Am I Fooling Myself?

[ QUOTE ]
I quit smoking about five years ago. I had the same problem. The thought of quitting forever sucked. So I made a deal with myself. I am not quitting forever. When I am old and can only sit in a chair and stare out the window I am going to smoke my brains out. Who cares if you die of lung cancer if you are 78 and can only sit in a chair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluffoon you and I think alike. This is my alternate plan.

Do you ever lie in bed and think that if you were to get run over or if an air conditioner were to fall on your head as you walk down the street, quitting smoking would of been all for naught?
Old 07-20-2005, 04:03 PM

how does it feel to be the bitch of Phillip Morris?
Old 07-20-2005, 04:04 PM

I was a smoker and the exact thing happened to me that is happening to you. You think after 6 months that you have won. Not true, it is the same old craving just thank god it is weaker. I found that after 3 years it has gotten so weak I only thought about having one maybe once a month or when life kicks me in the nuts.

The longer you quit the less of a craving you have but I don't think it will ever go away. I don't think one ex-smoker would refuse a smoke if they were facing the firing squad. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I quit smoking about five years ago. I had the same problem. The thought of quitting forever sucked. So I made a deal with myself. I am not quitting forever. When I am old and can only sit in a chair and stare out the window I am going to smoke my brains out. Who cares if you die of lung cancer if you are 78 and can only sit in a chair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluffoon you and I think alike. This is my alternate plan.

Do you ever lie in bed and think that if you were to get run over or if an air conditioner were to fall on your head as you walk down the street, quitting smoking would of been all for naught?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but that's just justification. With all due respect, you just need to stop being a pussy and quit.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nevertheless, the thought of never being able to smoke again, EVER, is just awful to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I quit smoking about 2 months ago, and this thought bugs me all the time. I love the idea of not getting lung cancer, but I hate that I have alot of friends who were never really smokers who can enjoy an occasional social cigarette. Is there a point that I can do this to? The thought of never ever smoking again sucks, its much harder to overcome than the thought of not having a cigarette right this instant.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:13 PM

Smoke a pipe instead dude.

Don't start smoking again though
Old 07-20-2005, 05:36 PM

There are two kinds of smokers/exsmokers: the ones who smoke or smoked alot and enjoy the hell out of it and those who really don't/didn't enjoy it all that much.

I fall in to the first category and have quit several times for up to several months. My SO falls into the second category and usually mooches a smoke or two off of me about once a week.

If you are really, really craving smokes you probably fall into the first category. Don't do it. You'll have one and get really dizzy. An hour later, you'll want another. And another. After a week you'll probably be back to a pack a day or whatever amount you were smoking before you quit.

At least that's how it works for me. YMMV and SIIHP.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:41 PM

This plan you have created could potentially work out. However, it is extremely unlucky. Why risk something like this when you have already kicked the habit. You are trying to find reasoning to start smoking again and with this mindset you are not destined to quit smoking. I smoke and can go days without cigarettes on this plan, but whenever I am in a good environment to smoke, i smoke like a chimney. Just stay cold turkey, no reason to risk a good thing.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:32 AM

If your girlfriend's opinion is the only only one that matters to you then is my reply a waste of time?

Listen, I've quit smoking about 4 times Cold Turkey in my life and was a pack a day smoker each time.

Cigarettes are possibly one of the worst things ever invented, but I love smoking, I still do to this day.

I wish they would make harmless cigarettes, I'd smoke 30 a day, its just great whether you are waiting for a bus, reading, surfing the net, watching TV with a beer, socializing in a club, after sex etc etc.

But at what cost? That's the decision you have to make for yourself.

They get a hold 'over' you both financially, physically (unfitter and worse - risk of terminal illness), and time wise. (all those smoke breaks)

The fact is this: You are never ever going to be free of the psychological addicition to the act of smoking, it is very powerful because it is very enjoyable and still socially acceptable.

Ozzy Osbourne said Cigarettes are harder to quit than Heroin because Heroin isn't as socially acceptable and available as cigarettes are.

My opinion is honestly not to touch one again, not even one puff because out of those 4 times I quit smoking 3 of them were because of 'one puff, one day'.

Take care,
SDM
Old 07-21-2005, 01:49 AM

havent read any other posts. but why the [censored] would you quit smoking? geez.