Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: 80 pf question

[ QUOTE ]
80-160 on UB I have ATo in the BB,
folded to a laggy button, gus hasen i think, who raises. sb 3 bets, sb is laggy on all streets the way ub players are, but prolly just a a bit better on all streets than most of the regs. so that is too say good, but too loose and agg.
so, i have ATo what is your standard move?
dave

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a fold or cap situation . I would cap generally unless I had a good reason not to.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ive seen him make near expert plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, thanks for the eval, champ.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, wtf. fine, you think im a duche. but c'mon, i see a damn good play when i see a damn good play. im not saying that i am an expert, just that i can recognize a great play. you dont need to make a post like that in response to an honest opinion.

how about trying : "you may have overestimated his abilities." or "be careful what you call expert b/c what is to you may not be to the "real" experts like ray etc.."

no, you have to be a douche right back.

thanks.

Barron
Old 08-30-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call or cap, I'm inclined to cap. You have a freaking monster for the situation if those guys are as you say they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately, the read he provided, imo is wrong.

gus plays a great game of limit holdem now and is, if anything, too tight.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I never got that memo. The last few times I played with him he was real loose and real aggro, but that was probably three weeks ago or so. Do you agree it would be wrong to fold in that spot if he had the same range he would have had in the Stars games when he first started playing, or are you still folding here?

[/ QUOTE ]

of course if his range is larger, then sb's range is larger, then ATo is a clear play.

Barron
Old 08-30-2005, 07:27 PM

I'll start a thread about this someday soon.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:17 PM

ahhh...barron i am not that stupid, i can tell when he is playing tight or loose or whatever. recently gus has been playing better full table, but he was a total manic, pre and post flop for most of the game. it was 4-5 handed and he was regually capping any ace and any mid holding from any position. postflop he was caopping any draw and any pair on the flop. he may play well sometimes but this was not one of those times.
dave
Old 08-30-2005, 08:20 PM

see my other post, he was playing real laggy and cardnial was 3 betting him with all types of [censored]. i think i may have even undersold how laggy they were playing at this time. gus was killing the game, getting at least a little lucky, winning a huge percentage of the post and most of the big ones he played. so i think he was trying to use this as momentum to totally run over the game, and it just ogt laggier and laggier.
dave
Old 08-30-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ahhh...barron i am not that stupid, i can tell when he is playing tight or loose or whatever. recently gus has been playing better full table, but he was a total manic, pre and post flop for most of the game. it was 4-5 handed and he was regually capping any ace and any mid holding from any position. postflop he was caopping any draw and any pair on the flop. he may play well sometimes but this was not one of those times.
dave

[/ QUOTE ]

cap that sh*t. his agression will allow you to hopefully knock out the sb in this growing pot.

Barron
Old 08-30-2005, 08:22 PM

you are simply saying that b/c everyone is willing to mix it up more and give more action you can and should play tighter b/c all your hands have less folding equity, you will get play back at more often and will generally steal much less.
correct?
dave
Old 08-30-2005, 08:23 PM

cool, agreed, thanks.
dave
Old 08-30-2005, 09:34 PM

Don't speak to the twoplustwo captain like that. He's the absolute apex of intelligence and wisdom. Just ask him, he'll tell you.