Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2004, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Investing in Greg - the big payoff and IRS

Signed contract notwithstanding, his backers must have a tremendous amount of trust in him as an individual as it would be quite easy to under-report live game winnings since there are no records.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:17 PM

Default Greg, Let Me Just Say...

you have been more than forthcoming and open in responses to questions, about things nobody really has any business asking. You must be hell of a nice guy.

Congrats, and good luck in the future.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:50 PM

Default OFFICIAL \"DID FOSSILMAN HAVE BACKERS\" THREAD

[ QUOTE ]
If anybody asks again, please refer them to this post for me. ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

I miss the "OFFICIAL" titled threads. Just kidding, I hope they never return.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:17 AM

Greg---I have a question that I hope you will respond to concerning your double shootout win on Pokerstars for the seat. When you were headsup and outchipped about 3-1, you proposed a deal to your opponent of 5k for the WSOP package. He responded---7k. You eventually offered $5800, but he didn't come off of the 7k, so play continued. You simply outplayed him from that point on and won when you caught the case queen on the river to beat his flopped straight. Afterwards, I e-mailed my brother explaining the turn of events and suggesting the counter offer I would have made to you if I had been your opponent. Here's the proposal and tell me if you would have accepted it at that moment in time and if not, why not. I will accept your offer of $5800 on one condition, that you pay me 10% of any cashout you make in the championship event. If you don't cash, then there is no further payment. Would you have countered this offer, accepted it or continued to play at that time? Thank you
Old 06-09-2004, 08:13 AM

I would not have accepted it. It just makes things too complicated, what with my backers and all. I would've countered. Once negotiations start, I never stop making offers unless it is 100% clear that I'm never going to get a deal that I want to take.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)