Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Just wtf am I doing?

[ QUOTE ]
this, I'm three betting 77+, QJs+, KJo+ here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's way more than my range. Anyone else have comments on this?

I think KJo in particular is a pretty bad 3bet after the SB calls.

With a read that the CO is a complete LAGtard my range opens up quite a bit and probably includes KJo, but those hands are far from standard, IMO.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

None of those seem particularly out of line to me. I wouldn't do them 100%, but I 3-bet them all sometimes.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as to the flop, I don't see why you wouldn't want the button to raise this and make the sb fold. This then gets it HU and I really like our hand HU. if it stays three handed having another person to worry about creates a problem for us as it will be harder for us to tell where we are at if another overcard comes

[/ QUOTE ]
sb is not folding a jack here even for two bets. what we want him to fold is overcards - but if we get button to raise with just overcards, we don't care if sb keeps his overcards because there are only 3 overcards to the board and only 4 total overcards to our pair.

that is, if we actually succeed in getting button to raise with just overcards. the worst part about this line is that when he does raise, it's often against AJ/QQ/etc. thus we knock out sb and end up heads up vs. a better hand.

the other thing that happens sometimes is button simply peels with AK and gives sb a fine chance to also come along for one bet to the turn.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:31 PM

I dont like the check/raise.

I bet the flop and call a raise, then i donk the turn and fold to any more action.

If your check raising, Are you folding to a 3bet on the flop? Or peeling to see the turn?

I dont see button raising OC's to often. I do see him calling though.

Also its a 2 to flush board, giving a free card sucks.

What you reckon?
Old 12-13-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think KJo in particular is a pretty bad 3bet after the SB calls.

With a read that the CO is a complete LAGtard my range opens up quite a bit and probably includes KJo, but those hands are far from standard, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm aggressive by default, and especially in blind steal situations. HU blind steal situations I'm threebetting a fukton of hands against a run of the mill attacker. Unless I know that the villian is a very tight raiser, then my range is wide
Old 12-13-2005, 06:41 PM

I agree with you about HU situations. But the SB calling here is critical. The value of a lot of your high card hands go way down against two opponents.

For example. SB raises, I 3bet in BB with A4o.

If the button raises, the SB calls, I'm not 3betting A4o.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sb is not folding a jack here even for two bets. what we want him to fold is overcards - but if we get button to raise with just overcards, we don't care if sb keeps his overcards because there are only 3 overcards to the board and only 4 total overcards to our pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhh, I never said that the sb is folding a jack, and he isn't folding a club draw that's for sure, but, I do want him to fold any overcard to our pair, this will increase our likelyhood of winning the hand. Our nines are good here more often then not, but eliminating a player makes our life much easier, and IMO is desireable
Old 12-13-2005, 06:48 PM

there are four overcards to our hand. button will not raise the flop with less than two of them. so he already has overcards we will have to dodge. how often will sb actually have the other two overcards, and how often will he actually be folding something we really really don't mind if he stays in with (like A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 if button bets AQ, sb calls, and we raise)?

what if he just gets off cheaply with 66 or K8 or so many other hands? the pot is only 6 small bets here. saving a few outs is not worth as much as you make it out to be.

PLUS, when button actually decides to raise, it is NOT with his entire preflop raising range. the fact that he is raising the flop means that we are already more likely to be behind.