Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Update on my party points

depositing this week for the points won't work because they don't give you the points until you leave the money in there for 7 days.
Thus, if you deposited at the beginning of the week for the points they wouldn't give you the points until after the qualifying period is completed.

You don't HAVE to play all the hands to get the points.
you can also get points by refer-a-friend.
It's being widely speculated that some people are setting up 23 people with new accounts...getting them to play the 125 raked-hands necessary to clear the bonus..and getting their 30k points that way.

some people think that 20 people would have already done this on the first day of the promotion and that all the seats are already gone. I was too deep into starting when I considered that this was actually a possibility.....and I just somehow have been able to keep momentum going throughout.

Others are speculating that 'teams' are getting together and are playing 24-hours a day on the same account..obviously working in shifts.

I don't know if the seats are still available or not.

but I do think that if I can wrap it up in 4 days (by midnight friday) I should have an outside shot.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:24 AM

I agree sponger.
the only way I could argue I got 'screwed' by this is if they allow some of the less 'legitimate' 23 RAF sign-up folks to take a seat over me.
and even then I don't know if I have much cause to be that angry about it...it's party's promotion, party's rules, party's decision.

Whether or not they choose to allow some of those is up to them...and they clearly state that it's the decision is entirely up to them ahead of time.

I agree I probably won't get it.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:53 AM

I hope you really get one.
At least your're really going for it without cheating.

Say hi to Shana Hiatt if she's on the cruise [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2005, 09:51 PM

Okay - here's the latest...

If I play straight up until 11p (central) I put myself at about 50/50 chance (maybe barely better) to have the 30k points.

It is VERY possible that I'll fall just a little bit short today. I think I accumulated slightly fewer happy-hours hands...and every time I look to a table where I folded it seems everyone else is folding to a raise so the hand isn't being raked...Arrrrgh!! Don't these people know I'm on a mission?

Won't know until if I got the points or not until they update the page around 9a tomorrow.
If I fall 7 points short or something I'll be pissed!!
Because that extra day to get the final 7 points could be the difference.

Anyway...hope I get there...but it should be REALLY close either way.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:50 PM

i'm just getting caught up on this.

we could have provided some zoo ringers while you slept as our way of sending you to the wsop.

plenty of trustworthy people here to have fouund some ringers, and a password change after just to make sure and you would have been set on a 12k trip.

Old 02-04-2005, 10:52 PM

i am guessing no one gets it.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:39 PM

I had an offer from someone I completely trusted to help me out.
Was going to do it too...but there's been so much talk of people referring 23 friends on the first day and possibly no seats left anyway...stuff like that.

as well as the 24-hour teams that are ahead of me.

Anyway...I was thinking of letting the other guy play when he was free while I slept. But we tend to play at the same times sometimes at the same limits....
Once he plays on my account then we can't play at the same table...which at first I thought was a GOOD thing.
but then I considered that he plays 6-8 tables and I play 6-8 tables and during the late-night hours that REALLY hurts your table-selection.

Once we discussed it some more we decided it was kind of silly for him to boost my numbers by a few hours for what still a very slim chance of getting the cruise when we consider that it SERIOUSLY hampers both of our party and skin table-selection fo rthe rest of our party playing lives.

There's also the slim possibility that the extra play he provides on my acct from a different computer (in a different state) actually gets noticed by party and I get disqualified on a technicality when I actually would have made it otherwise.
I think this is very unlikely to happen though and I wasn't too afraid of it.

anyway...I might have done it had it not been for the table-selection problems long-term...
but now, if I actually DO get it by some miracle I can feel good that it was 100% legitimate.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:38 AM

In less than an hour I'll be done with this thing.

will be getting a MUCH needed shower and then will be DRINKING!!!!
It is the weekend afterall...and I've heard rumors that there is an entire world out there.

Good news is that my GF is going to get a job at a different hospital (she's a nurse). It looks she might be turning in her 2-week notice next week. She can start her new job whenever she wants so if I get the cruise she'll simply delay her start.

I needed 8964 points today to reach 30k.
My best estimates put me at around 9000-9050 so I'll be cutting it REALLY close. As I said earlier, I think I'm barely better than a 50-50 shot to finish just on the + side of 30k.

won't know until the updates tomorrow morning.

My hands are split into a couple different databases right now...but I have 17k hands of 10/20 6-max this week in one of them at about 0.35BB/100 for about $1100 or so.

I was making SO many mistakes in there that it's pretty much a miracle I did even that well I think.
when i was tired I was postiviely BLEEDING BB's.

I was probably +3.5BB/100 when I was alert and sharp...and was probably -3BB/100 when I was exhausted and chasing WAY too much.

I was hoping for 1BB/100 or better and it was a realistic goal imo if I had adopted a strategy where I would stop imagining +EV chases that just don't exist during my tired periods. Basically, I needed to play tighter when tired and I didn't do that consistently enough.

But I didn't lose money in this thing playing a limit I'm brand new to so I'm reasonably content with that.

I'll be far more content if I actually get that cruise by some miracle.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:45 AM

GL Bob, I hope you get the cruise and your GF gets the new job so that she can go also.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:04 AM

if they dont give you a cruise package, i am going to write a letter to them on your behalf threatening to boycott the site, with your permission. i cant imagine more than 20 people have put in the sweat you have.