Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2004, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Watch 2+2er Nick B on TV Sept 4th

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats Nick the Kid. LOL. It seemed to me the players didn't think you were going to win, and underestimated you. This one guy said, "he doesn't have enough experience to win". I am sure online poker has provided enough experience.

On your play. I can't believe you folded a 2nd pair heads up. You had a king, and the other guy had an ace. The flop was AK*. You guys checked the flop. Then on the turn he bet just 4k, and you folded!! Did he have a tell?

You played great overall, congrats. got a lot of praise from the 2000 WSOP champ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I have watched the broadcast. The AKx hand, he hadn't been raising a lot preflop, so when he did I thought he probably had an ace. His one mistake was checking the flop. That was strange for him, especially on a flop that looked like it would hit him. The turn put 3 of one suit on the board. When he bet I thought that he either had me beat, or had a lot of outs to beat me since I didn't have one of the suits. So in reality, it wasn't that good of a play at all on my part, but it did seem that way on TV>