Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 06:40 AM

Default Re: Live 1-3 NL at the Wynn

I don't care about the preflop call. I wouldn't make it, but with 5 limpers infront of you who presumably play really badly postflop, it can't be that bad.

UTG+1 leads out and bets. We don't know very much about what he has. Possibilities include: A diamond draw, a medium overpair, an overpair with some kind of straight draw, a set, or a straight from a suited ace five or suited connectors. All possibilities at this point.

The cutoff (tight player) raises. He has a medium overpair, a set, a straight, a diamond draw, or a really big draw (something like A7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])

The problem as I see it is that while you have a nice hand, there are a lot of hands that beat you on a board this coordinated. What further complicates the issue is that you're sandwiched in between a raise and a reraise and therefore have to assume that if you play it will be for all of your chips.

Given these factors, I fold.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care about the preflop call. I wouldn't make it, but with 5 limpers infront of you who presumably play really badly postflop, it can't be that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I thought at the time. Plus, I felt like playing a hand, the pace is soooooooooooo much slower live...

[ QUOTE ]

The problem as I see it is that while you have a nice hand, there are a lot of hands that beat you on a board this coordinated. What further complicates the issue is that you're sandwiched in between a raise and a reraise and therefore have to assume that if you play it will be for all of your chips.

Given these factors, I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was pretty much my exact logic at the time. However I think my stack is just small enough that I get action from hands I beat often enough... if I have $200 in front this is a fold. Still not sure about the $100.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However I think my stack is just small enough that I get action from hands I beat often enough... if I have $200 in front this is a fold. Still not sure about the $100.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't even a fold with 100bbs.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However I think my stack is just small enough that I get action from hands I beat often enough... if I have $200 in front this is a fold. Still not sure about the $100.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you put the tight player on?
Old 08-20-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Identity of UTG+1

I just realized this, I should have put this in the OP. UTG+1 is the guy who runs

http://www.clubwager.net/

so if you know that guy feel free to factor it in to your analysis.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you put the tight player on?

[/ QUOTE ]

any overpair, pair + draw, top pair (a4? technically thats pair + draw as well) draw, mega draw, straight.