Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Just bragging, but this was the play of my life so far.

Calling is bad preflop with QQ here because it likely ends up 3 way with the big stack in the bb and you let smaller pairs, broadway hands, suited connectors, that can't call preflop see a flop that they probably are only going to continue on with if they are ahead of QQ.

When someone raises and you pick up QQ you shouldn't be feeling ill. Rather you should be ecstatic that you likely are going to double up.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:18 PM

Your reasoning is actually pretty good and makes me feel better about this hand. I still think I might prefer shoving PF. JJ still calls you as does a lot of other hands. Also, the problem with QQ is that if AK flops, all those low pairs fold out. If low cards flop, AK can get away. This is why I like shoving with QQ PF. YOU have a hard time getting away from any flop (you being QQ), but other hands, not so much. Follow?

There are a number of hands that flat call your raise. JJ and TT are not the only ones. True, the flat call discounts AA/KK/AK, but don't forget about 87s, KQ, A4s, and a lot of other hands that are close to correct to call.

With an ace on the board and 2 queens in your hand, there are 6 combos of AQ. There are also 6 combos of JJ, KQ, and TT.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On the flop: Now most will say that this is one of the worst flops that could come for me. However, I would be just as scared of a JT2 flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
WTFWTFWTF... you've got to be kidding me. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2005, 08:32 PM

terrible play in your part. preflop i raise much much more. flop im usually all in here.the way u played it. i would call the check/minraise only cause you have position. and fold to any more bets. folding on the check/raise is not bad either.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:34 PM

also i push instead of raise preflop about 70% of the times.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PF: So at this point, I am willing to take QQ to the felt. So the question is, how much to raise. So why did I raise to 60k. It tells the first raiser that I am committed to this hand. If he has AA or KK, so be it, if he has AK, i will race. Now this player had shown a willingness to put the chips in the pot. He played with a mentality of, "I may not always have the best hand, but I am not gonna be the one getting pushed around". Therefore, I believed that 60k was a good amount to put him to the decision. All-in or fold. When he chose option C ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's been suggested by many other posters to push preflop, and I'm really just going to repeat what they've said. If what you stated above was your reasoning, pushing really is the only option. It looks like you're trying to push him around (I personally find a half-stack reraise more frightening than a push) and it eliminates "option C." Besides, I figure that most hands that call your preflop reraise will call all-in.

-cj