Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: SIDE BET: 2 accounts in top 5 emp leaderboard????

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't gramps say he regularily hits near the top only playing 700ish a month

[/ QUOTE ]

And I play them in straight sets - I still have trouble with a bunch of games going when shorthanded, so I don't restart them right away. If you 8-table 2 accounts and restart right away, you can hit top-5 for 2 accounts playing <40 hours per week easy.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:32 PM

fwiw, I have played 400 sngs in 10 days this month on empire, as "FieryJustice" is a new account. I have 19k points right now, with tepop havint 45k points, and being the leader by far, next month I an most anyone who plays 1000+ sngs a month should be over 45k points. Anyways...19k x 3 = 60k, so I think anyone who plays a good amount "should" be up there.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i need the 5k+ so i have motivation to actually make myself play that damn much on 2 accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]
You need the 5K? Wouldn't the 5K be pretty insignificant compared to the amt of cash you'd generate from the playing in that month alone? Variance hitting you bad or something?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he needs the motivation, not the money.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]"OMG"...I checked the Empire Leaderboard at 5:00AM(PDT) today when I posted the note about Raptor being #43 & me being #47...Well that must have been results as of 6/28, because I just checked again and I am #48(terrible day yesterday) and Raptor is like #25....How on this earth do you go from #43 to #25 ? ? ?...That had to have been a (+) $$Ten large day [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

PS: TheUsher is #24 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm really lagging this month from all the stuff here at home and the vacations I've been taking. Next month should hopefully be different but I'll be gone again the first week so I might be trying out running continuous instead of in sets to try and catch up. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i need the 5k+ so i have motivation to actually make myself play that damn much on 2 accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]
You need the 5K? Wouldn't the 5K be pretty insignificant compared to the amt of cash you'd generate from the playing in that month alone? Variance hitting you bad or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say motivation is worth much more than the 5k since if you actually go for 2 accounts in top 5 you'll make much much more than 5k in rakeback alone. This is actually a very interesting bet for raptor since it'll get him to actually make some damn goals for the month. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2005, 01:55 PM

right, but you still didn't accidentally nail her!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was going to say. This post looks like a "I'm getting a little lazy so maybe this will get my ass back in gear"
Old 06-30-2005, 03:32 PM

Uh oh...

Im already taking a break for the past day or two preparing for July biatches...
Old 06-30-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
however, im looking for a bet in the neighborhood of 5k-10k.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I don't think you're insane because you are trying to get two accounts in the Empire leaderboard.

I think you're insane because of the above quote, insane person.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]"OMG"...I checked the Empire Leaderboard at 5:00AM(PDT) today when I posted the note about Raptor being #43 & me being #47...Well that must have been results as of 6/28, because I just checked again and I am #48(terrible day yesterday) and Raptor is like #25....How on this earth do you go from #43 to #25 ? ? ?...That had to have been a (+) $$Ten large day [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

PS: TheUsher is #24 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea skipper, i havent played at all all month in sngs. remember, i took a break to play mtts and hu sngs. so, i only have 4 days of play logged. getting to 23 at the end of the month with 4 days of play.. top 5 on 2 should be cake. how bout, i get 2 accounts in the top 4. does that change anyones choice of taking the bet? i need motivation people!!!!! holla