Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Re: I fold TPTK

If your going to put the villain on AA or KK you should fold to the 3 bet preflop... You caught a flop that beats every hand but two. People will reraise w/ JJ or TT or AK preflop and raise you when you bet into them with this flop. I like the bet on the flop. You can either go the check call route or the route discussed ealrier about 3 betting the flop and if it gets capped c/c if he only calls bet the whole way. A reraise preflop doesn't always mean AA or KK.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:46 PM

Thank you but I am aware we are not always losing on this flop. However, if we are ahead, I can't really think of any hands I would like to fold, except a flush draw which isn't folding no matter what we do.

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-19-2005, 05:47 PM

Bob,

Why'd you bet the turn?

Rob
Old 11-19-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob,

Why'd you bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bob,

Why'd you bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. I just spent 1/2 an hour thinking about this hand while working and forgot to reread it before posting my thoughts.

I'd check-call the turn here. I'm probably calling the river but I'm not necessarily committed to that. You're getting around 9:2 on a calldown, and your hand is good or will improve to the best hand often enough, IMO, to be seeing the river.

You've got a weighted 3.6 outs when behind but you have to weight the possibility of A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], AQs, and hands like JJ/TT raising the flop and betting the turn for a free showdown/valuebluff against your flop bet, which may very well be a draw. Just MHO but I'm not folding this turn.

Rob
Old 11-19-2005, 06:27 PM

Isn't this a decent spot for a WA/WB line?
Old 11-19-2005, 06:30 PM

I think the best line is to bet the flop. Villain might raise with TT,JJ, AKspades, AKo. This will help protect your hand a litte and ensure that only 2 bets go in on the flop (unless other guy 3bets). By taking the lead you also prevent him from taking a free card on the turn if he just calls your flop bet. If he raises you will be behind too often to lead the turn, but ahead enough to check/call down and give him the option to take free card on turn if he was indeed raising with AK on the flop. I think he will check the turn too often if you simply check/call the flop. This, together with the fact that he will raise with worse hands, netting you value and protecting your hand, make me think that a flop bet is optimal.

EDIT: Oh, and I would assume this guy raises flop enough with TT/JJ/AKs and follows through on turn enough that you need to call. Especially when you have 5 outs against KK and two outs against AA.