Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Stats post for 6max players

seems like if an ace flops, you may be up against AQ/AK, or if a jack flops there may be overcards and someone may have a overpair. am i too pessimistic?
Old 08-18-2005, 12:35 PM

Yes.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seems like if an ace flops, you may be up against AQ/AK, or if a jack flops there may be overcards and someone may have a overpair. am i too pessimistic?

[/ QUOTE ]

A very large % of the time, you pick up the blinds.

A large % of the time, both you and your opponent miss the flop, and you pick up the pot with a reasonably-sized continuation bet. I have no problem taking AJ against AK as long as I know my opponent has AK.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:50 PM

Warlock, thanks man, appreciate the help. Yeah, obviously I'm not going to totally model my play exactly after a certain player.

However, these stats are very useful to me, for the reason that I figure, if my VP$IP is 23 and yours is too, and you play a very different mix of hands than me, perhaps I'm undervaluing/overvaluing the importance of position, suitedness, or certain types of hands. This is why I asked VERY specific questions (#3 wasn't really, I guess) rather than just VP$IP, PFR, etc.

Here are my stats:

1) ATs: VP 100% PFR 87%
AJo: VP 98% PFR 71%
22: VP 95% PFR 32%
QTs: VP 94% PFR 72%
98s: VP 19% PFR 13%

Overall: VPIP 22% PFR 9%

2. The first 2 flops I am firing near 100% of the time. I generally bet near the size of the pot, which may be too much. The 3rd flop I'll bet about 60-70% of the time against an average player.

3. 47.82%... I am even worse than you here. This is a main thing holding my game back.

AGGRESSION STATS:
AF 2.50
Flop 2.79
Turn 2.36
River 1.92
Old 08-18-2005, 05:58 PM

Also I didn't mean to single out warlock, thanks to everyone who posted stats/help here. I didn't mean to make it seem as if I'm trying to take everyone's stats at face value (this WOULD be pointless), I'm just trying to compare various strategies.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:48 PM

I agree that this is kind of dumb too.

I mean c'mon...

As pointed out b4, some games are looser, some are tighter, some are more aggressive, some are more passive... and all this affects your hand selection and betting. And if it doesn't, well then maybe you've got something else to think about...

This also doesn't even take into account things like game selection. Some people are pickier than others when it comes to choosing what kinds of games you want to play in. Some people prefer shorthanded games, some people prefer full games. So that will affect things like % of flops seen blah blah blah. I could go on but you get the point.

You know what they say - bulldust baffles brains!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that this is kind of dumb too.

I mean c'mon...

As pointed out b4, some games are looser, some are tighter, some are more aggressive, some are more passive... and all this affects your hand selection and betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I asked for VP$IP and PFR percentages for the hands... they average in every kind of game that the player plays in. I know how the 2/4NL Party games play, as a whole; therefore this data is useful to me. Do you see why?

[ QUOTE ]
This also doesn't even take into account things like game selection. Some people are pickier than others when it comes to choosing what kinds of games you want to play in. Some people prefer shorthanded games, some people prefer full games. So that will affect things like % of flops seen blah blah blah. I could go on but you get the point.

You know what they say - bulldust baffles brains!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This paragraph is sort of a good point. However, I have to imagine stats will converge somewhat over the long run. Although I'd like to play against 5 dumb LAGs every night, I can't. Also, I asked people to give me their stats from 3 off the button in 6max NL games; doing a little brief math will show you that this is sort of impossible if the game isn't full.

I'm kind of surprised at how many people are missing the point of this post, actually. If you know how to interpret this data it can actually serve some use. An extrapolation of this assertion can be found in my prior response to warlockjd.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of a flop are you looking for when you are raising with AJo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop irrelevant to me here. If he doesn't fold tho, I start playing poker
Old 08-19-2005, 07:24 AM

As you (or was it Hinson, I mix you guys up) told VV when he was running bad a few months back, the key to improving your game is to 2 table and play more aggresssively than you have ever played bf.

Up till the 2/4 max level, I am convinced this is the truth.

You will be utterly amazed at the quality increase in your reads....at least I am.....
Old 08-19-2005, 09:46 PM

I like this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

(F) For comparative purposes, also post your overall VP$IP% and PFR%
28, 9

2) You raise to $16 from the button before the flop with AJo. You are called by the small blind, who is a typical 2/4NL player (VP$IP 39 PFR 10, average agg. postflop). How often do you bet the following flops? Assume no backdoor draws. (A) Qs 6d 4h (B) 9d 8d 2s (C) 7h 6h 5h

99%

3) What is your showdown winning percentage?
54%